English pointer litters
Last Post 30 Oct 2010 10:43 AM by Hillbilly. 6 Replies.
Author Messages
coolcreekretrieversUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 coolcreekretrievers
--
14 Oct 2010 08:08 PM

If anyone knows of a breeding that will take place soon or already has taken place pleas foreword the information to me coolcreekretrievers@yahoo.com  I am looking for a very strong FT line.  I am going to start to train and compete in the cover dog trials and am looking for a EP from  a sire and dam that are both FT Ch.

Thank you   

Brian

www.coolcreekretrievers.com
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Oct 2010 04:26 PM
    Maple Mountain Kennel's in Utah. I got a pup from Craig and they are great dogs. He line breeds Honky Tonk Attitude dogs. At 5 months my little guy does it all and has a great personality. Tell him Ed Hall sent you. His number is 801-489-4666 and he has pups now.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    coolcreekretrieversUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 coolcreekretrievers
    --
    18 Oct 2010 04:47 PM

Thanks Ed, Does he compete his dogs ?

www.coolcreekretrievers.com
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    19 Oct 2010 08:49 AM
    Ya NASTRA. The pup i got is 6 months old and does it all got 30 quail points Sunday.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    29 Oct 2010 03:43 PM
    So did you talk to Craig? I just got pick of the litter female for my wife for Christmas these are some good dogs he's got.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    MONTANA WILD WING ROGUE WIREHAIRSUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 MONTANA WILD WING ROGUE WIREHAIRS
    --
    29 Oct 2010 08:49 PM

I just got back from a great pheasant hunt in the middle of Montana. I live in Superior Mt. .  I used to hunt with English Pointers, but I have switched to German Wirehaired Pointers, and couldn't be happier.  They addapt to cold weather and water as well as a Lab,  only they point, and notice they find and retrieve dead birds better than the E.P's I have hunted with.  I have been hunting behind pointing dogs for 40 years and I am hooked for life on GWP's. 

--
    30 Oct 2010 10:43 AM
    I used to breed wirehairs and Griffons and your right on the tracking and retrieving. Sometimes there's a line of EP's that'll do it all and this is one of them. But like I said I wouldn't say they will track a running cripple like a wirehair will. And I think the wirehair breeds are calmer then a young lab too. But I like the style of a head cranked, poker tailed EP or GSP. And by the way welcome aboard. Show us some pics from your hunt.
    Life's Short Play Hard

---