Welcome to New Jersey's Hunting Forum
Last Post 09 Dec 2009 09:16 PM by chris. 11 Replies.
Author Messages
HuntingNutUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:73 HuntingNut
--
01 Jul 2009 02:37 PM

If you are a hunter from New Jersey or someone who frequently hunts there, this is the place for you.  You can share information about hunting throughout the state or talk about anything you'd like.  Introduce yourself and get to know more about hunting in the great state of New Jersey. So, welcome and enjoy!

Hunting is Life- Enough Said
    intensemotorsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 intensemotors
    --
    29 Sep 2009 05:53 PM
    I am new to New jersey and I am looking for a place to take my new puuppy for some training
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    30 Sep 2009 06:42 AM
    Intense, Where in jersey? I am also from this dirty state.
    BigRoosterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:24 BigRooster
    --
    09 Oct 2009 09:58 AM

I live in the pines, so Im familiar with Colliers Mills for pheasant and Greenwood Forest for quail.  They just stocked quail for dog training only last Friday so now is a great time to get out there with your pup.  My little guy just turned 6 months and has pointed a lot of quail already.  I couldnt be more excited for the season.  Where you located?  Check the DF&W homepage for dog training/quail stocking WMAs.  They will continue to stock for the next couple of weeks.

BigRoosterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:24 BigRooster
    --
    09 Oct 2009 10:00 AM
    Posted By chris on 30 Sep 2009 06:42 AM 
    dirty state.

Thats why I moved to the Pine Barrens.. different state of mind.

chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    09 Oct 2009 10:25 PM
    big roost, i'am in north jersey we go to black river,whittham,delaware,& head down to greenwood for quail
    --
    13 Oct 2009 11:46 AM
    Posted By chris on 09 Oct 2009 10:25 PM
    big roost, i'am in north jersey we go to black river,whittham,delaware,& head down to greenwood for quail
    Nice.  I do a lot of fly fishing on the Black River, but never hunted there.  How many acres is that?  Nice area for trout fishing.  I make it up a lot to the Big Flatbrook and Pequest areas for trout too. 

--
    13 Oct 2009 08:13 PM
    Roost, Its about 3,100 acres split with two areas they stock.Will be doing the youth hunt there.Good spot for woodcock
    glenhunterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 glenhunter
    --
    16 Nov 2009 09:58 PM

Looking to pheasant hunt in northwest N.J. Sussex Cty, public or private land. Can anyone tell me about Flatbrook? Directions would help. Thanks.

gh

--
    18 Nov 2009 06:36 PM
    Gh,Theirs flatbrook,wittingham,& black river is in morris.Do you have a dog,what town are you from.
    --
    09 Dec 2009 09:43 AM

Flatbrook will give you the best oppurtunity for getting on birds.  Their numbers are just about double or more than the other WMAs.  The fields are just north of Walpack right off Fish and Wildlife Rd.  Im looking to head up there sometime during the last week of December with my pup if anyone would like to meet up for a hunt.  Chris, hows Black River been treating you?  My area is packed with pheasant guys so the quail fields have been much more secluded and enjoyable.

Mike

--
    09 Dec 2009 09:16 PM
    Bigrooster, Doing ok so far i will also have the last 2 weeks of dec off .Haven't done as much quail hunting this year.

---