I was afraid this was going to happen and it did. My now 9 mo old female GSP (pickles) is showing signs of early heat. We were headed to KS for the opener this weekend and I'm not about to leave her at home but I'm worried that this may cause some problems. I have another GSP but she is older and spayed so I don't think she will be affected much but my cousin is bringing his 1-1/2 year old male (will be his first trip too). I would hate for his performance to be adversly affected by an instinct that may be stronger than his instinct to hunt birds. I guess I could always tie her up at the camp if she is causing too much trouble but I really want to hunt her. She is bird crazy and I just can't wait to see her on wild birds. I will more than likely spay her later but I wanted her to at lest have one heat before I decided.
Do you think pup will do more harm than good or can you give me any tips on how to keep her condition from ruining the hunt?