Worst Experience Ever!!!
Last Post 03 Nov 2010 03:36 PM by Hillbilly. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
blackpowdernutUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 blackpowdernut
--
28 Oct 2010 04:12 PM

I would definitely not recommend McCollum’s Hunting Preserve. By far the worst hunting experience and experience in life I’ve ever had! Terry needs a lesson on customer service and about being a professional/business owner. Treated us like dirt and that’s probably an understatement. Not sure how the place stays in business to be honest with you. I would recommend Long Lake Lodge in Brandon MN or Section 17 Hunting Preserve in Buffalo ND, they both truly appreciate the business. What a terrible day at McCollum’s, because of Terry!!

freefallgspUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:65 freefallgsp
    --
    28 Oct 2010 09:18 PM
    BPN,
    Can you be more specific? Where is this place located? How were the other customers treated that you know of? How was the hunting experience faulted?

As an outsider, I just like to know. Are these wild bird preserves or "planted hunts"?
    Home Of:

Suma Kiss of Kings MH

Hunter's Ridge Sinking the Bismarck MH
    Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"A good bird dog is only as good as your aim, as the proof is always in the bag." - Unknown
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    29 Oct 2010 03:44 PM
    Ya I want to here more.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    blackpowdernutUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 blackpowdernut
    --
    02 Nov 2010 06:13 AM

It's located in Bejou, MN. I had heard negative things about this place but figured I would give it a shot since I don't like to make conclusions without experiencing first hand. We were suppose to hunt on a Saturday but had a family emergency on Friday. I called Terry on Friday when I heard of the news and wanted to reschedule the hunt to the following weekend, not cancel, and he proceeds to tell me that he hears this excuse all the time, which upsets me that someone, specifically a small business owner is that inconsiderate and frankly quite rude. It's a service based business. He then proceeds to tell me that he will charge my credit card a $100 cancellation fee, which was never a disclaimer when I reserved the birds over the phone. Says that he has to charge me the fee because he had already went out to the pen to catch the 10 birds. They are planted birds. So we ended up getting the hunt rescheduled after arguing with him for I don't know how long. Keep in mind we never wanted to cancel, just reschedule. We hunted our ten birds ($200) and will never return to the place. It was our first preserve experience and would've been repeat customers if our experience wasn't terrible. I understand that business is business but Terry shot himself in the foot, instead of making $200 he's losing $1,000's. Their's normally 5-6 of us that hunt together and would've went to the preserve a couple times a year for a tune up to the pheaseant season. Like I said I've never met someone thats so rude, unprofessional, and inconsiderate. He doesn't deserve to be in business and the way he's losig clients I'm assuming he won't be in business much longer. Just a terrible experience! 

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    03 Nov 2010 03:36 PM
    Sorry is all I got to say. I've worked for only one preserve guiding and it was kinda a joke like you just had. But I have hunted on others and most are really good places to go.
    Life's Short Play Hard

---