Just checking in...
Last Post 09 Aug 2011 07:20 PM by dpalmer. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
--
08 Jun 2011 01:30 PM

Hope all is well. Been awhile since I last visited. Hope Pork has been behaving himself lately!! take care and remember 4 legged friends like A/C too. -Tarheel Blue

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    birdshotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:25 birdshot
    --
    09 Jun 2011 12:53 PM
    Tarheel I notice in your avatar you have a nice bobwhite. I am curious how the bird population is holding up in your area. Other than south Texas I have not seen many birds.
    In Nebraska, where I live, I see maybe one quail covey a year. I never shoot the quail, hoping they make it through the winter. I guess I should join quail unlimited instead of just hoping.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    09 Jun 2011 03:58 PM
    TB, it's been awfully quiet around here so it's nice to have you check in. I'm still bouncin' around here but not much banter going on. It would be nice to hear from everyone that frequents the forum to check in to know they're still around and doing well.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    birddogloverUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 birddoglover
    --
    19 Jul 2011 05:13 AM

dpalmerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 dpalmer
    --
    09 Aug 2011 07:20 PM
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I wanted to let you guys know about something that really helped improve my pheasant hunting game and gave me some bragging power with my buddies. http://www.ScoutLookWeather.com, is a weather site geared towards hunters, previously I'd seen talked about on multiple forums but I finally gave it a try last season and it helped my game tremendously.

My story for success is always being aware and on top of the weather since I think that has such an effect on my ability to catch the big birds so they say! My good friend showed me ScoutLook, which is by far the most comprehensive and accurate weather site around in terms of hunters. It also has some pretty sweet tools such as ScentCone, ScoutMaps, a desktop icon and the weather stats are always dead on to my exact location.

I don't like to waste a hunting trip so I always plan and map out the weather and strategize from there and this site has definitely helped me in doing that and contributed in my opinion to a more successful season!

---