Welcome - Roll Call - Introduce Yourself
Last Post 11 Sep 2009 12:50 PM by Bob. 98 Replies.
Author Messages
Foremost MediaUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:97 Foremost Media
--
08 Jul 2009 11:19 PM

Hey everyone.  Since everyone is having to reregister I thought this might be a good chance for everyone to "reintroducte" themselves.  Tell us who you are and where you hunt.

I'm Jon Ballard from Janesville, WI I hunt where ever and when ever I get a chance.  I hunt some preserves here in Southern Wisconsin and try and make it to Iowa or SD at least once per year to chase roosters.  I'm a lab guy.

BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    10 Jul 2009 11:01 AM
    Hey guys and gals.....

I am Matt G. from N. Salt Lake Utah. I typically meet up with my father in Oregon to chase wild rooster, chukars and huns. I have yet to hunt in Utah since I have been here, mostly because I hear of how scarce the bird numbers are and I don't have a dog to myself. I would say that I am a GSP guy. My father has been in the process of starting up a kennel and he has 6 GSP's at the moment, two of which were born in late April of this year. Next breeding will definitely find a pup in my home!

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    10 Jul 2009 05:06 PM

Howdy Fellow Hunters, My name is Bob. I'm from Spokane, WA and have been huntingt all upland birds for 55 years. I have a Brittany that is will hunt his 9th season this fall. He cut his teeth on Pheasant. So they are his favorite bird, making them mine as well. I shoot a 20 and a 28 gauge and enjoy shooting both. I usually hunt around Eastern Washington 5 days a week and alone most of the time.....Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    BoUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 Bo
    --
    11 Jul 2009 02:57 PM
    Bomonster here from Indiana, been hunting for about 30 some years. I just happen to live in one of the few counties
    that have wild birds. I also hunt a few perserves once in a while. I have 4 labs 2 choc. and 2 blacks. Anyone close give me a buzz and we'll go huntin'.

llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    15 Jul 2009 10:32 AM

llewellinsetter here from ny, i hunt every day i can and sometimes fish. i enjoy training and running bird dogs. everyone here pretty much knows me. i am a huge mma fan and train mma. and i am starting to get into hunt tests and field trials. oh and stay away from this ed hall character he's a little loony as is his buddy dogpower

grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    15 Jul 2009 04:12 PM

grouchy... don't that say it all?..:p
    colorado res', I hunt a couple of reserves here, mostly in the 'off' season.
    Managed a day pass from the warden for a half dozen trips to kansas last winter for wild birds. Primarily in western half of the state, and all public land.
    Just one old broken down "yaller" lab...

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    HogspitUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:49 Hogspit
    --
    27 Jul 2009 10:02 AM

Hello ALL! Hog here from Kansas, now in Colorado { 4 awhile}. Spent first part of my life in Kansas, hunting and farming, and yes in that order. Still spend most of Bird season in Kansas. Looking good this year! Should be fun!

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    27 Jul 2009 10:50 AM
    Hey guy Hillbilly here all I do is hunt, train, and breed bird dogs also raisin 5 kids with my wife in the mountains out side Canyon City Oregon.

Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    27 Jul 2009 11:10 AM

Tarheel Blue checking in. I'm down here in the southeastern corner of God's Country, only 173 miles from Chapel Hill, 45 miles to Myrtle Beach and 42 miles from Intersate 95 (which by the way, you Yankees need to know that I-95 does run North now also!).

Mostly quail hunt with a few buddies and snort a lot of gun powder on the Sporting Clays courses. I have met in person Pork n' Beans, Jon Ballard & Dogpower while passing through the Great Cheese State in 2008 and have also met Canadian Brady-24-7 two years in a row shooting in the Palmetto Classic Sporting Clays Tournament. I enjoy shooting them dang birds that go "Quack, quack!" too.

I like dogs that listen, keeps our secrets, and won't keep count of my missed birds. I believe in the good people of this country and like-minded citizens who stand up for what is right and good, regardless of political affiliation or ambitions.

I honor and support the Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen, Coast Guardsmen, as well as the law enforcement personnel who provide security for our Great Nation. I believe in God and Country and am a supporter of the Tar Heels of the University of North Carolina.

That's about it. Ya'll come on down and we'll put a pot of frog leg stew on the fire. Dang right.

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    bailey blueUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 bailey blue
    --
    28 Jul 2009 10:28 AM
    Bailey Blue here. I hail from Johnstown,PA and love long walks...oops wrong forum
    Seriously, I have a blast here in western, PA huntin' anything that the game commission allows me too, as well as sneaking out of the state to scare game up elsewhere..
    I have a 1 year old GSP that blew me away during her rookie season, and we can't wait to get out there soon.
    My soon to be five year old daughter accompanied me on some hunts last year, and has her gear all set on a hanger in the closet for the upcoming season. The best was last year when, immediately at my shot, from behid me I heard her yell "Yeah!!!" as feathers went up and the bird went down. I'm not sure who's grin was bigger!
    I'm a huge Steelers fan, and love the Pens come playoffs. The Pirates...well, I'd love to love them too, but...

LuciaLabUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:30 LuciaLab
    --
    29 Jul 2009 08:43 PM
    Scott here, I am a lab guy. My yellow lab turns two yomorrow and she is ready to start finding the birds. I hunt public land and hunt clubs here in WI. Hoping to get to SD this year, but a new job and a new son might prevent that. Hope to see every one in the field.

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    29 Jul 2009 09:06 PM
    Welcome aboard.

Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Jul 2009 07:23 PM
    Bailey, love the sense of humor with a touch of sarcasm. Never enough of either in the world.

Lucia, wecome to the site.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    bailey blueUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 bailey blue
    --
    31 Jul 2009 10:13 AM
    Thanks PnB. I try to keep the sarcasm in check, but my wife says I'm not fariring well there... I couldn't agree more about the humor. There seems to be many characters out there in this world of gamebirds!

WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
    --
    01 Aug 2009 05:24 AM
    Doug here, new to forum. Live in SE Indiana. Hunt with a new English Cocker and 28 ga. Raise Pheasants and Quail. Travel to MI every fall for the Grouse.

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    01 Aug 2009 12:39 PM
    Welcome to the forum Westfork.......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    shaneUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 shane
    --
    02 Aug 2009 09:57 PM

I'm Shane, I live in eastern Kansas and hunt all winter then I turn to bass fishing and shooting sporting clays tournaments in the upland off season.  I have owned a lot of different breeds of pointing dogs but as I get older I'm becoming a pointing lab fan.  I'm training a pup now for the upcoming season.

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    03 Aug 2009 05:34 AM
    Westfork and shane, welcome to the forum. Great to have you around.

--
    03 Aug 2009 11:48 AM

Welcome to the forum Shane happy to see you here......Bob

--
    03 Aug 2009 12:21 PM
    Welcome Westfork and Shane.

Life's Short Play Hard
    shaneUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 shane
    --
    03 Aug 2009 08:54 PM

Thanks guys.  It's nice to see a place where upland hunters can come together from so many different states and places.  Thanks for having me.  Shane

Evan ClaassenUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Evan Claassen
    --
    04 Aug 2009 12:57 PM

Hello, I'm Double28 from southeast Nebraska, I hunt pheasant and quail here, as well scaled and Gambles quail on the ranches of the Joranado Del Muerto, near T or C, New Mexico. I favor quail and shoot a 28 gauge choked skeet/lite mod on the little buggers.

--
    04 Aug 2009 01:02 PM
    What dogs you runnin?

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    04 Aug 2009 01:49 PM
    Double 28, welcome to the forum. I like your choice of guns and your choice of chokes I go the same way. When I hunt the Valley Quail we have here.......

Evan ClaassenUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Evan Claassen
    --
    04 Aug 2009 02:37 PM
    Posted By Hillbilly on 04 Aug 2009 02:02 PM
    What dogs you runnin?
    5 year old GSP female (black and white), and buying a wirehair pup in January.

--
    04 Aug 2009 05:15 PM
    Black and white's the new purple and pink. I know got 5 black and white and 1 solid black GSP's and 2 liver and white

Life's Short Play Hard
    BuckeyeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:31 Buckeye
    --
    06 Aug 2009 12:41 PM
    Buckeye here, I live in the foothills of the Cascades, east of Seattle. Grew up in the great state of Ohio, hence the nickname. We'll see what the real Buckeyes do this fall, I have high hopes.

Anyway, I've been only doing this for a year, but I love it. Love it so much I went out and got me a Brittany, she's a wonderful little girl, and I can't wait to go again. I spent a lot of time in Central Washington, near Yakima and Moses Lake, looking for quail mostly. I won't hesitate to shoot a pheasant if the little one points it. I also went out and bought myself a 20 Guage Benelli, boy is it easy to shoot.

The one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to excuse my lousy shooting. But I'm working on it!

--
    06 Aug 2009 01:15 PM
    A Vary Warm Welcome Buckeye. I am a fellow hunter that lives in Washington. I live over by the Idaho Border. I love your choice in dogs. I am a Brittany lover also.I shoot 20's and 28 gauges so we have a lot in common. I hope to see you around here often......Bob

Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    06 Aug 2009 03:33 PM

Welcome Buckeye. Come in, pull up a chair, sit a spell and feel free to chime in when the mood hits you. There are some ornery old critters around here like that "Bob" dude and watch out for that feller named "Pork n' Beans."

PS...You're one of the minority of native Buckeyes (aka Yankees) who migrated West, instead of coming down here to Tarheel-ville and setting up a homestead on the golf course (aka Damn Yankees). What's the matter, your Governor give everyone a tax break if they agreed to leave the Buckeye State or what??

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    --
    07 Aug 2009 05:10 AM

Evan and Buckeye, welcome to the forum.  Great to have you on board.

TB, don't scare the poor guy.  My bark is worse than my bite...most of the time! 

HubskerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 Hubsker
    --
    07 Aug 2009 11:35 AM

Wes H. from Albuquerque.   Looking forward to the season.  Lily says she is ready (I think she and I have a lot of work to do).  Looking to make two trips to Kansas this year.

I guess since Grouchy was taken, I probably should have taken Grumpy.   Hahahaha.

BuckeyeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:31 Buckeye
    --
    07 Aug 2009 04:21 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcome all, even TB who's trying to keep me out of N.C. I've spent my fair share of time there too, mostly on the Outer Banks. I've left the East Coast behind though, too hot and humid for my tastes. No plans to be a "Damn Yankee", where I live now is just wonderful.

It could be worse TB, you could live in Florida, AKA "the southern peninsula of Ohio"

--
    07 Aug 2009 06:09 PM
    Welcome Wes H, Come often and see what we're up to. Post freely the more there is the better we like it......Bob

dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    07 Aug 2009 06:11 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 unctuationKerning/> false false false ontGrowAutofit/> MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.4in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi, dogpower here. I used to hang out on the old Gambirdhunts site and added my 2 cents worth once in a while even if it was only worth a fraction of that.

For my day job I am a self employed engineer with a consulting firm doing electrical design for construction projects. For my other day job I run a small hunting preserve in southern Wisconsin (www.hillsidesprings.com)

I like all hunting dogs (even those pesky little English Setters), but I prefer to own mostly Labs. I have six Labs and one GSP who considers himself to be an honorary Lab. I enjoy hunting, but I really enjoy working with the dogs and watching them do their stuff in the field.

Just like Tarheel, I believe in God and Country and hold the highest regard for those that serve our country in the military and/or law enforcement. Unlike Tarheel, I have respect for “damn Yankees.” I’m a bit of a red neck – nuthin’ beats sittin’ around a neighbors hay field watching the annual Fulton Township lawn mower races and chowin’ down on some turtle stew. Win or lose, I’m a die hard Packer and Wisconsin Badger fan.

I generally like to look on the lighter side of things. My messages and replies often reflect that, so if you’re not sure how to take something I posted and forgot to put in a smiley face, go ahead and add it.

dogpower

--
    07 Aug 2009 10:42 PM

DP 'bout time you showed up! Welcome back, we've missed you. Need you around to keep that Pork character straight.

Buckeye, what DP ain't telling you is that I spent my time up there on the tundra, albeit briefly when Castro opened up his prisons and encouraged all of those fine citizens to head North. While there I became fond of the local 2 legged deer population, the hills of Sparta, the liquid refreshments and the abundance and variety of  cheese, curds and summer sausage. Course, Uncle Sam decided to rescue us thin-blooded souls before old man Winter arrived and returned us to our western outposts in that God forsaken land called California. Who knows, I might have woundup related to DP, Pork or Gamebirdhunts (Jon) had I stayed through the winter of 1980!!

Don't let DP scare you. I like Yankees as long as they mind their P's and Q's while they're down here below the Mason-Dixon and don't drive our tax rates up any higher or turn good huntable land into another golf course! One of my good Yankee buddies is my side-kick on the sporting clays courses and we even bird hunt together, while I remind him that he is walking on hallowed ground. I guess we tolerate Ohioans down here because native Buckeyes Orville & Wilbur made history down here at Kittyhawk, therefore making the great Tarheel State the "First in Flight."

Anyways, we got a good diverse crew on the forum here and believe it or not, every once in awhile we stumble across some useful information and even make a friend or two, regardless of nationality....er, state of residence!

Welcome "Ya'll."

TB

--
    07 Aug 2009 11:10 PM
    Welcome Dogpower, I'll keep it short and just it is nice to see you here again and I look forward to seeing you around. Even tough I'm a born and raised "Damn Yankee".......Bob

BrianUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 Brian
    --
    08 Aug 2009 06:21 PM

Hello everyone my name is Brian, and I have been pheasant hunting for a few years not. I just bought my first hunting dog "Gus" he is a German Shorthair Pointer, and he is doing great. He turned a year in june, and we are both looking forward to the ILL/Iowa hunting season to opean.

--
    08 Aug 2009 08:12 PM
    Welcome to the GBH forum. We are pleased to see you here Any questions post them the gang is good at getting them answered......Bob

BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    09 Aug 2009 10:51 AM

Just thought I'd drop a line to let those who know me that I'm still lurking about. Glad to see so many of the familiar members from the old site. I'm Jeff and joined the site about 4 or 5 years ago. I've hunted with several of the WI members a time or two and believe one of the groups photos is still pasted around the site.

Hey "small brown and white brit from Oregon,WI" - If your owner doesn't get you out anymore than he has the past 2 seasons, pack up your stuff and go wait at the Kwik Trip station on the north side. I'll give you a ride up this way and put you on some birds. Bring that dusty, rusty 20ga. O/U along since that isn't getting out either.(XXOOXX to PnB).

Swendels - As a former "Mod" on the old site I'm telling you that changing your username is not cool and perhaps even against the rules. Did I read that you have a new job? Maybe even one that requires more output than price checking the new Brownings at every dealer inside 200 miles of Poynette. Congrats on the new family member. Good work dude.

J.Ballard - Excellent work on the new site and thanks to all who helped put it together. Is that old chocolate dog still sitting next to you? Mine took a turn for the worse in May and had to be put down. Very sad day for us as the kids weren't ready for her to go since she had always been here for them. Good thing the yellow replacement was able to fill in right away. I guess I'd better stick with "Browndog" even though she's gone since I just told Scott what I thought of his name change. Are you the only person in J'ville left with a job? Seems like it has been all bad news from down there in the past few months.

DP - good to hear you're still kicking. Hope to drop in sometime this fall/winter.

--
    09 Aug 2009 11:14 AM
    Welcome Back Browndog. It is very nice to see you here again. Don't get lost become a regular once again.......Bob

--
    09 Aug 2009 01:57 PM

Hey BD, good to hear from you again. My sympathies regarding the loss of your webbed foot buddy. We put down our 14 year old Dalmatian in December and  I still miss seeing her in my rear view mirror, enjoying the wind as she rode in the back of my truck, sticking her spotted face out in the breeze. I can relate to your decision to let your buddy go in peace. Never an easy thing to do.

Welcome back,

TB

--
    10 Aug 2009 06:12 AM

Wow, we're getting a nice mix of old and new!

Hubsker and Brian, welcome to the site.  If you've got a question, we'll try to answer it.  Probably not correctly or without sarcasm, but at least you know it will be in fun.  If you have information and insite, we're always open for filling our empty heads.  As most will attest, mine is more empty than others so please, fill me up!

DP and Browndog, great to have you back.  DP, good luck with the gamefarm and your dogs.  Browndog, I owe you breakfast and I'd love to hunt with you again this fall if you're open for it.  I'd ship you my dog, but you'd probably ship her back..C.O.D.!  Are you still making the trips down here on occassion?  Love to have coffee or breakfast with you if it works into your schedule.

zeppelinUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 zeppelin
    --
    10 Aug 2009 11:22 AM
    Hello, Name is Dan from Minnesota ( Zeppelin is my Dogs name).. Relatively new to Pheasant hunting. I have hunted Grouse for last 5 years. Have my first hunting dog in training and he is 7 months old and training myself.. Alot of work and I need lots of pointers..

I plan to hunt southWestern MN.. Since Im new to Pheasant hunting, will be starting the scouting very soon..

Thanks for the this Sight as I do like it so far.. Good Job..

Dan

--
    10 Aug 2009 12:47 PM
    Welcome Dan. Nice having you here, we have a lot of hunters from your area so any questions you will be answered by people that know......Bob

modog1User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:7 modog1
    --
    10 Aug 2009 07:12 PM

Hello all,
    Tom from upstate NY here. Just moved back to NY from MN. I have a four year old Springador (lab springer mix), hopefully gonna drop some pheasants, grouse, and woodcock this year. Looking forward to another trip to S. Dakota this fall.  Also not sure why my screen name comes up nodog1 it should be modog1 named after my 11 yr old yellow lab morrison.  Guess I will have to check in with the moderators.

--
    10 Aug 2009 07:43 PM
    Welcome to GBH Modog1, Nice to have you here. hope to see you around a lot.....Bob

SEMNSHORTHAIRSUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 SEMNSHORTHAIRS
    --
    10 Aug 2009 08:19 PM
    Ryan here from SE MN, i live and love to pheasant hunt from SE MN to SD down to Kansas, hope all are ready for the up coming pheasant season that is right around the corner.

--
    11 Aug 2009 05:35 AM
    Zeppelin (Dan), love the name of your dog. May you never find a cure for the upland hunting disease. Great to have you on board.

nodog1(aka-modog1, aka-Tom), we've got a very active member from I believe the upstate portion of NY. I can't say as I've ever seen a picture of a Sprinador, but I'd like to. Post a pic and post away. Welcome.

SEMNSHORTHAIRS, you live in a pretty part of the state (with some good grouse hunting I've heard). But it sounds like you get to see some pretty good hunting land elsewhere too. It's good to have another voice on the forum. Please feel free to jump in with both feet (or keyboard).

modog1User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:7 modog1
    --
    11 Aug 2009 06:12 AM
    Howdy Pork,
    Are you talking about llewellin, I have been on the site for a while just reintroducing to the new site. I have put a picture of Purgatory on my profile and he is also in the dog gallery the name of the shot is waiting for Ducks.

--
    11 Aug 2009 06:16 AM

nodog, yup you're correct.  I apologize for not remembering  you.  I'm in my early 40's with the body of a 90 year old and the memory of , umh, what was I talking about again? 

--
    11 Aug 2009 01:44 PM
    Welcome Sem, I hope to see you here often. I like the areas you hunt wish I lived closer to do the same again......Bob

--
    11 Aug 2009 01:45 PM
    Welcome Sem, I hope to see you here often. I like the areas you hunt wish I lived closer to do the same again......Bob

--
    11 Aug 2009 01:45 PM

--
    12 Aug 2009 08:41 AM

It's good to see some new names popping in. I just reviewed some initial entries by Shane, Evan, Buckeye, Ryan, Grouchy, LuciaLab, Hubsker, Brian, Zeppelin, Modog1, Hogspit & Westfork. If you fellers don't mind, tell us how you stumbled across the GBH forum. Word of mouth, search engine, recommendation, etc? Pass the word about thie site. We got us a good crew here.

TB

JavUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Jav
    --
    12 Aug 2009 01:50 PM
    I'm Jav (pronounced like "behave") I'm from SE Washington state. I have a 2 year old English Setter named Fritz who is bird crazy. I hunt a few reserves and any public land I can get on. I started as a kid when pheasants were so plentiful where I grew up you didn't need a dog. I now hunt mostly to watch my dog work and pheasant are fewer in between. We do have some sites here that have them released and we find quail but not like the good ol' days. My other passion is chasing fish with a fly rod, trout mostly but Steelhead and Salmon as well. Best wishes to all of you this coming season, I look forward to reading your stories.

--
    12 Aug 2009 04:02 PM
    Hi Jav, I am a Washingtonian, also. I live in Central Eastern Washington. Look up my profile it will give you some info on me. Welcome to the site. Hope to see you often.......Bob

--
    12 Aug 2009 05:56 PM
    TB, great question.

Jav, welcome to the site. Great to have you on board.

LuciaLabUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:30 LuciaLab
    --
    12 Aug 2009 06:14 PM
    TB,
    I have been on the site for about two years now, under swendels. When I went to the new site it asked me to sign up for the site. So I put my info in and it would not let me use my old login info, so I had to change it. So Lucialab and Swendels are one in the same. The first time I found the site, I found it via a search engine for pheasant hunting in WI. It brought me to the old site and the rest is history

--
    13 Aug 2009 08:26 AM

10-4 LuciaLab, I remember you as Swendels now. Sorry about the name change situatrion. Good thing Pork's name didn't have to change to "Vienna Sausage 'N Cheese Curds!"

TB

JavUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Jav
    --
    13 Aug 2009 04:12 PM
    Thanks for welcome. I look forward to learning and sharing on this website. I'm already itching to get out. I was fortunate enough to take my dog out and hunt a reserve last week. My dog had 6 great points and retrieves. I'm heading out again tomorrow as we both are getting the itch.

Best wishes to you in the 09-10 season.

--
    13 Aug 2009 05:20 PM
    Jav, send me a PM with your e-mail if you want to discuss some hunting possibilities with me......Bob

markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
    --
    18 Aug 2009 06:33 AM
    live in ga. work in oh. in. il.
    been hunting in Ia. for 17 years this year going to s.d. for first time
    black labs are my passion new pup this year will be one year old nov 5 he is full of piss and vinegar!!
    go BUCKS
    new here first post

--
    18 Aug 2009 11:09 AM
    Welcome every one.Are you guys ready for season. I got days left.

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    18 Aug 2009 01:25 PM

Welcome Mark, It is nice to see you here. Good Luck in the upcoming season......Bob

WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
    --
    18 Aug 2009 02:22 PM

Hi Mark,  it is kind of fun watching the member number grow and see the different places people hail from.

--
    19 Aug 2009 03:13 PM

markvan, welcome aboard. It appears you don't let much grass grow under your feet! With a new black lab pup hopefully those feet have track shoes on 'em too. 

Fill us in on the details and add your 2 cents up to $1 total....awe, never mind say what you want, when you want...within "respectable" reason of course.

--
    19 Aug 2009 09:57 PM
    Ya the member numbers are growing.

Life's Short Play Hard
    Pluck A DuckUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 Pluck A Duck
    --
    23 Aug 2009 09:13 AM

I'aaaaaaammmmmmm Baaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkk! This is Wes Lambert aka "Pluck A Duck". Hope everyone is doing well. I live in Loris, SC which is about 20 mins from North Myrtle Beach, 25 mins to Myrtle Beach, SC. and 45 mins to I-95 which Tar-heel Blue is correct it does have North Bound Lanes which by the way the the North bound lanes are currently being widen!!!!!!  I hunt with a few good ole' boys including Tar-heel Blue! I mostly duck hunt along the White River and a few fields in DeValls Bluff, Arkansas and hunt Pheasants, Grouse, Duck, Sandhill Crane and Geese in Goodrich North Dakota. Tar-heel Blue accompanied my Farther and I in 2007 and we had a great time. On the way back we were fortunate enough to stop and pay a visit to the "Cheese Heads" in Edgerton Wisconsin. I have to say those guys are a class act except they did not understand the most sought after dialect in the world know as the romance language of "Red-Neck". I thought the Cheese Heads were going to choke on the fine meal we were eating when I told them that it was so dry around home that the catfish were up on the bank checking themselves for fleas. I hope to be visiting those guys along with Tar-heel Blue in Feb. 2010 and maybe I wont have to use sign language to talk to em.  I know everyone is excited to get the season started and wish everyone a safe and enjoyable season. The website looks great!!!

"Take'em Boyz"

Pluck A Duck

dendmitchellUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 dendmitchell
    --
    23 Aug 2009 10:13 AM
    Hey there I'm Dennis. I live in Coeur d' Alene ID. I moved from the concrete jungle of so. cal a year ago. not much to hunt down there except pigeon and sea gulls. Looking forward to my new life in gods country and many successful hunts. Ideas and guidance on where and when' s will be greatly appreciated.

huntersblindUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 huntersblind
    --
    23 Aug 2009 09:06 PM

I'm here cause I like to hunt birds! Just got myself a yellow lab pup this past january so looking forward to taking him to the field!

------------------

hunterfinal.jpg

--
    23 Aug 2009 09:22 PM
    Welcome Dennis, I live just across the boarder in Washington. Do you ever trap shoot at Hauser Gun Club? I shoot there quite a bit on Tuesdays. If you want to meet and shoot let me know......Bob

--
    23 Aug 2009 09:24 PM
    Welcome Huntersblind. I hope you enjoy your time spent here. If have questions the gang will answer them for you free of charge.......Bob

--
    23 Aug 2009 09:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, I see you have friends here. we are a good bunch, great to have you here.....Bob

--
    24 Aug 2009 07:02 AM

Pluck a duck (Wes), super to have you on board. Since I got my redneck decoder ring from sending in 3 box tops from Copenhagen I should have a much easier time conversating with you the next time.   Great to have you on board and the fact you associate with TB won't be held against you.

dendmitchell (Dennis), it's nice to see that some people come to their senses after losing them in the concrete jungle. I hope you're enjoying the switch and the fresh air. Give some feedback when you want and post as often as you would like. Nice to have you around.

huntersblind, I hope you enjoy the ride. You've got the right attitude and a super campanion to share it with. If you have any questions, please feel free to put them on the board.  

Michael SeiglerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 Michael Seigler
    --
    24 Aug 2009 08:05 PM
    Hi, This is Mike AKA 2dognight. I'm NE of Seattle with my 2 Springer Spaniels. I'm mostly stuck in the preserves, but I just got back from Cooke Canyon Hunt Club in Ellensburg. I took my 12year old son on his first hunt! I have a feeling I'm gonna be seeing some of you other WA guys soon.

--
    25 Aug 2009 05:15 AM
    Michael nice of you to join us. We have a great and very active group from your area. My son just turned 13 last month and we are having a ball hunting and shooting together. Share your thoughts and stories whenever you like and you'll fit in just fine.

edwardsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 edwards
    --
    25 Aug 2009 06:48 AM
    Hello all, I'm new here. My name is Edd.

chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    25 Aug 2009 11:30 AM

Hey chris here from nj (cant wait to leave this dump) grew up in upstate ny on a dairy farm.love to hunt with my english pointer rock i also some guided hunts. Most dogs are really bad here.Cant wait to move out west.

--
    25 Aug 2009 11:35 AM
    Chris, welcome to th forum, where in the west are you moving too? I hope to you here often.....Bob

chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    25 Aug 2009 11:39 AM
    Bob i would like to move to south dakota to cold for the wife so maybe kansas,colorado plains,nebraska,oklahoma.

--
    25 Aug 2009 12:54 PM
    Welcome aboard but whats wrong with Oregon lots of birds.

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    25 Aug 2009 01:07 PM

The 20 below weather soured my wife on the Dakotas. I loved it lots of good hunting. But such is life. The states you named and others are warmer and also have good hunting.

--
    25 Aug 2009 02:00 PM
    Nothing wrong with oregon what kind of birds ,how are the winters.me & dog dont mind the cold the wife wants a warmer and shorter winter then nj

--
    26 Aug 2009 05:50 AM
    edwards and chris, welcome to the forum. It's great to have you on board.

--
    26 Aug 2009 10:40 AM
    Chris, the warmer climates are great. But with each one there are down sides. For ME, I don't like the bugs and snakes of the warm south. A lot of people live in those places so there must be a way of adjusting.The Washington, Oregon coast are warm but they are rainy in winter. I learned to live with the rain.....Bob

--
    26 Aug 2009 10:53 AM
    Bob I have learn one thing anywhere is better then jersey ,grown men run with shotguns to shoot bird on the ground or in a tree.guys with dogs that are half dead,or have no clue.guys who will watch your dog go on point & try to steal your brid or after you shoot it,they pick it up like it was there bird.So weather does not bother me just a--holes & jersey is full of them.

--
    26 Aug 2009 12:38 PM
    Chukar, Hun, Valley Quail, Mountain Quail, Ruffed Grouse, Blue Grouse, Pheasants, and Sage Grouse. Weather gets a bit cold but not like the Dakota's. Last week it was 108 for a couple days but it's dry on my end of the state wet and humid on the west side of state. And you would have to worry about people stealing your birds but keep good dogs locked in the box.

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    26 Aug 2009 04:21 PM
    The NJ hunters sound like a bunch of losers. Like Hillbilly said there are places where all those things don't happen.......Bob

--
    27 Aug 2009 07:15 AM

Chris, I'm not sure I understand how you feel about your fellow hunters up there.   Tell us how you really feel.  

--
    27 Aug 2009 07:21 AM
    Man I got it made compared to that. Heck people let you by on the roads going in and out and some place's every one will talk while getting ready everyone asks which way your going so not to interfer. Sometimes there's jerks that don't care but not very often.

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    29 Aug 2009 04:45 AM
    hillbilly,I checked out your video nice,looks like great hunting thier.can't wait for my little girl to get old 2 year to go.She helps me at the youth hunt every year.Oregon is now on my list.

HogspitUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:49 Hogspit
    --
    29 Aug 2009 10:49 AM
    I Rarely have problems with people. When I do it is usually someone that is paying me! lol Then they don't get next years call!

--
    29 Aug 2009 11:24 AM
    hogspit,I never have a problem with paying customers.just some of the people on public land,No respect for thier fellow hunters here in nj only 2% of people hunt you think they would nicer.

--
    29 Aug 2009 11:51 AM
    Last year was the first time we ran into a group on our land and approached them, they got mouthy. after explaining where the body's were planted.... never saw them in town again! lol They were from Pennsylvania or new york, cant remember. It does happen, even in the area we hunt close to our cabin in Colorado, we have problems.. and those are usually people from Texas. It happens all over, but thank God its rare. I would have to miss a hunting season in jail! lol

--
    29 Aug 2009 12:17 PM
    Its a good thing a got tin in my pocket,after flashing it the problem is over .But i hate doing that ,i go out to the field to get away from the job & some jerk brings me back.

Michael SeiglerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 Michael Seigler
    --
    30 Aug 2009 02:18 PM

MY son turns 13 today.  Last week we took a trip to Cooke Canyon Hunt club where he walked with me and a friend.  We got 5 birds between the 3 of us.  Hotter than I like and both the dogs and I could be in better shape.  We will be @Cherry Valley for the youth hunt.

--
    30 Aug 2009 04:29 PM

Welcome to GBH, hope to see you here often......Bob

--
    11 Sep 2009 07:01 AM
    Michael, welcome to the forum. My son turned 13 back in July and we are having a ball gettting ready for the upcoming season. We haven't gone hunting yet this year, but we have been shooting sporting clays. How did the youth hunt go?

--
    11 Sep 2009 12:50 PM

Micheal, Welcome to UPH, We have a good group here so stop by often. Have a good season with your son, I love the memories when mine were that young......Bob

---