New to upland bird hunting
Last Post 22 Aug 2012 08:31 PM by sanjuandel. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
WillieGSPUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 WillieGSP
--
17 Jun 2012 09:55 AM
    Hi, my name is will and I am new to this forum and new to hunting birds, I will be getting my first German shorthair pointer here in about 4 days. I live in western Washington and would love to hunt alot of upland bird and waterfowl. Any suggestions on where to start hunting kn washington?
    CynergyUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Cynergy
    --
    17 Jun 2012 10:46 AM
    For upland There are only release sites in WW joint base Lewis McChord has the best hunting less crowded but you have to register with the base at the nw adventure center
    sanjuandelUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 sanjuandel
    --
    22 Aug 2012 08:31 PM
    hey will i used to live in whatcom county. lake terrell is the only place to hunt. released birds,lots of hunters,unless it's raining. the birds will get wild if it rains on the weekends if  there is not alot of hunters. i hunted there alot. it is getting overgrown with alders and blackberries. hunting pressure is overwhelming at times. coyotes,hawks and owls get their fair share at night. take the time and energy to go to eastern wash. for better wild bird chances. thanks.

---