What part of Wisconsin Are You From and Where Do You Hunt
Last Post 29 Mar 2010 10:20 AM by Porknbeans. 22 Replies.
Author Messages
jballardUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:40 jballard
--
06 Jul 2009 02:10 PM

Introduce yourself Wisconsin pheasant hunters.  What part of the country are you from and where can you be found most offten durring pheasant season. 

I'll start,  Jon Ballard Here From Janesville, WI.  I hunt at Hillside Springs and some public including Lima Marsh, Evansville, and Broklyn.  I also make a trip or two to Iowa every year.  This year I'm considering a trip to South Dakota!

HuntingNutUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:73 HuntingNut
    --
    06 Jul 2009 02:14 PM
    Jon, I hunt right around Janesville as well and am from Milton, WI. I hunt on a farm just outside of Milton on the border of Rock and Jefferson counties. I have also hunted Blonhaven and a few public lands including Lima Marsh as well. I've never hunted Iowa or South Dakota but I would love to someday.
    Hunting is Life- Enough Said
    jballardUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:40 jballard
    --
    06 Jul 2009 03:13 PM
    Welcome to the Site Aaron. Maybe we'll see you out in the field some time. Or maybe I already have. I'm hoping we can put together another Wisconsin Forum Members hunt this fall. You will have to try and join us.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    07 Jul 2009 05:21 AM
    I live just South of Madison and hunt wherever someone will let me onto their land. I typically go to the South and West from home base. I also get up into the Northwoods for Grouse and Iowa for Phez a couple times a year.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HuntingNutUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:73 HuntingNut
    --
    16 Jul 2009 07:18 AM
    JBallard,
    I'd love to get out in the woods this fall for a hunt or two. would be fun to meet some of the fellow posters.
    Hunting is Life- Enough Said
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    16 Jul 2009 07:51 AM

Jon, if you need some help getting things organized I would love to help out.

Phez, if you would like to get out I'd be happy to hook up with you.

BertUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:51 Bert
    --
    16 Jul 2009 09:37 AM
    I live in Racine County. I hunt all of the public lands from the IL boarder to Phillips. I've hunted Iowa, SD, ND and SW Missouri.
    I have done a few corporate hunts at Dark Acres, Millford Hills and Mecan River Lodge.

I would enjoy getting together with fellow posters for a hunt. We hunt Grouse, Quail, Woodcocks, and Pheasants.
    NRA Life Member, NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor, NRA Cert. RSO, Class III RSO/KCR
    --
    17 Jul 2009 05:46 AM

I feel another gamebirdhunts coming together already!

JimUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Jim
    --
    30 Jul 2009 06:41 AM

Hello, new here, long-time reader. Live in Kewaskum, WI, hunt the public lands during the week when not so crazy. Have hunted at a few of the clubs around home. Looking forward to hunting some grouse with my 2yr. old springer this fall.

Love the site, looking forward to some good discussion and need all the help I can get. Just got back into pheasant hunting about 3 years ago, and am glad I did. Have more fun with my 12yr. old son (just passed hunter safety) and my 2yr old springer, Roscoe...

--
    30 Jul 2009 07:46 PM

Jim, it's great to have you on board.  We'll try to help out if you're willing to laugh and learn with us.  Great pic in your avatar.

JimUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Jim
    --
    31 Jul 2009 05:49 AM
    Thanks, Pork. Roscoe is turning out to be a great addition to the family. At 2, he is finally matured past that "high strung" springer puppy, and has become a very calm pooch. Being my first Springer, had Labs my whole life, I was a bit nervous about the breed and being able to satisfy his need for exercise. But, he is keeping me from getting fat. He comes from great hunting stock, and has proven that on a few occasions last fall. So, I am plenty amped up for the coming season to get him out full time, figure it's a good enough excuse to buy a new shotgun, right ??
    --
    31 Jul 2009 03:31 PM

Breathing is a good enough excuse for a new shotgun!

BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    16 Aug 2009 06:58 AM

I'm Jeff - and I have a hunting addiction. All hope has been lost as far as getting over this curse. The only thing that seems to work is more and more hours in the field. If anybody cares to help, just e-mail me some GPS coordinates of your best bird territory and I'll take it from there.

I mostly hunt private farms and a few smaller public plots in the Waupun area. The DNR has several release areas within 30 miles of here but they are best avoided during the weekends due to heavy pressure.

Hopefully we can put together a members hunt again this year. Sounds like it is already in the works but I can't remember which forum it was under. PnB and Dogpower might chime in with more info when they know some details is anybody is interested.

dragonriotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 dragonriot
    --
    10 Nov 2009 03:36 PM

I'm in West Allis now, used to be in Waterloo, close to Madison and Sun Prairie... I haven't been in the woods for a whole year, and I'm starting to get itchy trigger finger syndrome... =)

It's a darn good thing gun deer season is next weekend... I don't think I would be able to hold out much longer.

Adam

--
    11 Nov 2009 11:29 AM
    Dragonriot I hope the change of venue has served you well. Good luck on your deer hunting this year.

BeestUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 Beest
    --
    26 Dec 2009 07:57 PM
    Sheboygan county area. Public during off times and private when I can.
    dukntzUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 dukntz
    --
    28 Dec 2009 07:36 AM

Hello to everyone!  Great site.  I live in Watertown.  Don't get out much for local pheasants, but do hunt a few gamefarms to keep the dog tuned-up.   Also look forward to my long weekends visiting my brother in Mercer and hunting grouse and woodcock.  Try to get to ND once a year for birds and ducks.  I have a black lab I just bred.  She is 4 years old, 48#, great nose and strong pointing tendencies.   The stud is fox-red, about 60#.  Hope to have pups around Valentines day, that should keep me busy for a while! 

I said COOT, not SHOOT!!!
    --
    04 Jan 2010 06:43 AM
    Beest and dukntz, welcome to the forum. The more cheese heads the merrier! Feel free to add your 2 cents where you like.

Blues Weim'sUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 Blues Weim's
    --
    15 Mar 2010 09:22 PM
    My name is Tony and i will have 2 dogs ready for this season - well one. I had one flunk out of training, but she still show potential. I am in McFarland and looking for the hot spots near me. I plan on joining a club near by that is reasonable to get more birds over my pups their first year. Any suggestions??
    --
    16 Mar 2010 08:30 AM
    Tony, great to have you on board. We've got several people from the greater insanity (aka Madison) area on the forum. I've used several game farms in the area. I'll try to pass on some insite when I have a moment.
    lov my shorthairUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 lov my shorthair
    --
    16 Mar 2010 08:45 AM

South eastern Wisc. Racine, do some hunting at Bong, but thought I would let you kow that we will have a litter of German Short hairs on the ground around April 21st if anyone is interested

boogieman47User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 boogieman47
    --
    29 Mar 2010 07:13 AM
    I live in the Northwoods in the Price county area. I grew up in Kenosha / Racine area and hunted Bong, private land, and some public land around New Munster(?) I have been hunting the federal forest for grouse and turkey and rivers up here for ducks. I am planning on a hunt to South Dakota this fall. I Have a good lab for the ducks and pheasants and I hope to have a Llewellin Setter ready for the pheasants and grouse this fall.
    --
    29 Mar 2010 10:20 AM
    Lov my shorthair and boogieman, welcome! I've never hunted at Bong, but I've heard it can be a zoo sometimes. Any secrets? Price County is Grouse central (or incredibly close). I love to get up in that area and chase a furry footed Grouse around the woods.

---