young hunters
Last Post 22 Dec 2010 06:50 PM by azwings. 6 Replies.
Author Messages
griffUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:26 griff
--
19 Sep 2010 06:15 PM

Here are my two boys. They are 15 and 9. The boy's have been in the woods from day one. The deer was killed yesterday by the older boy. He shot it just before dark, about a mile from the truck. Both of them did a great job getting it back to the truck. Today after mamma fried us up tenderloin and home grown Yukon gold spuds for breakfast we got it all cut and wrapped. The boys were hands on start to finish. I'm at a point in my life were it doesn't matter if I get a shot or a bite. All I need is to see the kids happy and some good dog work. I get more pleasure from seeing my kids succeed and grow as outdoorsman. Every one needs to take a kid along this season. If you have kids of your own take one and one of their buddies. If you don't have kids find one to take. They are the future of our sport

Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    20 Sep 2010 07:16 AM
    Well said Griff. I have gotten my boys interested in hunting from the start. My 4 year old is ready to start hutning this year if I would let him, next summer I plan on getting him a little .22 then by the fall he will be ready to try his hand at some small game.

Dave
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    20 Sep 2010 01:31 PM
    I started my boys young, now they 53 and 49. When they get their deer or whatever they always stop by and show me their harvest. That is if I'm not along.........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    20 Sep 2010 02:27 PM
    That's the way it goes I think. I know my Dad is the first one I call to tell my hunting story to.

Dave
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    20 Sep 2010 03:22 PM
    I can't wait to eat on that deer this weekend when we are Grouse hunting. I'll get to here all about the deer then around the camp fire they will have a better version then Marc.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Jordan RobinsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 Jordan Robinson
    --
    15 Dec 2010 08:32 AM
    great story. Im 15. I took my first deer opening day. Looks like you have good hunting spots too. Do u guys got hogs around there? would love to go on some hog hunts.
    azwingsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 azwings
    --
    22 Dec 2010 06:50 PM
    Way Cool!! Getting the youth involved is so essential to the future of hunting and fishing.
    Arizona Taxidermy. Visit Arizona Wings Taxidermy.

---