German Shorthair Pointers
Last Post 07 Nov 2009 09:19 PM by Bob. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
glenhunterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 glenhunter
--
05 Nov 2009 10:30 PM

I am very close in getting my pup. Can anyone tell me about this great dog. Hunting and such. Thanks.

gh

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    06 Nov 2009 12:12 PM
    Glen, welcome to the forum. I'm a little surprised you haven't been filled in already on the GSP. I can tell you that they are great dogs with loads of energy. You will have success with Pheasant, Quail, Chuckar, Grouse or any other upland birds. They have plenty of go and can be a very loving companion at home.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    NealUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 Neal
    --
    06 Nov 2009 02:31 PM

Persistance and patience

GSP are a unique breed and if you don't know their charactoristics you should  study as much as you can about raising one and then put anything that you do not want stolen chewed up or just plain destroyed into metal containers inside of scent proof boxes in storage boxes at least 10 miles away from your house LOL after that all you have to do is spend as much time as you possibly can learning what your new dog wants you to do for it

Good Luck

See ya in the fields

NEAL Q

Proud owner of 2 GSP,s

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    07 Nov 2009 01:55 PM
    I got 10 GSP's and they are all different but the one thing they all have in common is that they love to please they can be a little hard headed but can't we all. Just remember if you are going to kennel the dog start kenneling it as a pup teach it it's place or you'll have a handful later. They love to be around their owners and sometimes they can't be so teach them that at an early age. Good Luck
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    07 Nov 2009 09:19 PM

Welcome to the forum Glenhunter, I hope you have some good luck teaching your new pup and some very good hunting.......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.

---