Duck hunting without GameBirdHunts
Last Post 16 Dec 2009 01:17 AM by jasmine. 13 Replies.
Author Messages
dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
--
04 Oct 2009 07:06 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 unctuationKerning/> false false false ontGrowAutofit/> MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.4in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:184908138; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:466015946 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]>

Jon (aka GameBirdHunts) was considering joining us for some duck hunting at Hillside Springs this weekend but had to pass it up because he was “too busy”.  So I compiled this picture summary of the hunt he missed.

This is the bird’s eye view of one of the blinds Jon would have been hunting from if he wasn’t “too busy”.

This is the hunter’s eye view that Jon would have seen if he wasn’t “too busy”.

This is my friend, Bud, calling ducks for Jon, except Jon wasn’t there to see them because he was “too busy”.

These are the ducks that Bud and Dogpower got.  The ducks gave us many opportunities to take more than we harvested.  There should have been more in the pile if Jon was with us, but Jon was “too busy”.

This is Max showing Jon the type of duck that Jon could have shot, but Jon was “too busy”.

This is Dogpower holding a banded wood duck he shot that might have been shot by Jon instead, but Jon was “too busy”.

Morals of this story:

1.  If you pass up an opportunity to hunt with another member of this forum, be prepared to read about it.

2.  When you pass up an opportunity to hunt never use the excuse of being “too busy”.  Think up something more acceptable, like “I’m sorry I can’t go.  I have to pick up the lottery check that I just won.”

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    04 Oct 2009 08:44 PM
    Am I to believe Jon did not go hunting because he was "To Busy". I'm sorry to say; "All work and no play makes Jon a dull boy.".....Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    05 Oct 2009 09:27 PM

Great story and pics Andy. I'll bet Jon regrets missing out on that hunt and potentially taking that banded Woodie, that is unless he actually did take some lotto $$ home!!

P.S. Pork must be drinking from the same water fountain that Jon's got. I just called him at home and asked him if he's watching the "Farve Bowl" tonight that's being played just slightly to the west of him, and he said, "No, I got an early business meeting in the morning!" Are you kidding me???!! Most Cheeseheads in the country are either at the game or tuned in and throwing rocks at the tv screen right now, as the Vikings are putting a beatdown on them dang Packers. The score is 28-14, and the Vikings have the Pack backed up to their own 1 yard line with 8:49 remaining in the game. Brett turns 40 next week and he's still got game. Aaron Rogers will never live up to Brett's legendary status.

NEWS FLASH......The Vikes just sacked Rogers in the end zone for a safety. Rogers has been sacked 7 times tonight. 7:17 remaining. Make that 30 - 14 (Vikings). Pass the brandy boys! I wish Brett would retire again after this year and then decide to move on down to Charlotte. We would dang sure put him in a Panthers uniform and line him up under center! 

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    06 Oct 2009 05:55 PM

I once heard it said that, " A fool and his hunting connections are soon parted"

WOW - Gbh, You really have some work ahead  if you plan on digging your way out of this one.

Nice work DP, Do you ever see any divers come through there towards the end of the season?

dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    18 Oct 2009 09:15 AM
    Sorry I haven't replied to your question sooner, Browndog. I've been "too busy".

We do see some divers as thay take breaks during the migration, more on the lakes than the rivers. A lot has to do with the weather as to when they show up and how long they stick around. Once I put up a sign offering free beer and wild rice that was big enough that even the high flyers could see it, but it didn't seem to help bring them in.
    --
    18 Oct 2009 09:17 AM
    I got the info back about the banded wood duck that I shot. It was hatched in 2007 and banded in Elsberry, Missouri.
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    18 Oct 2009 03:47 PM

T.B. Sorry to say Farve signed a 2 year-25 million contract with the Vikes and the way things are going there. I cannot see them letting him play anyplace else very soon.......Bpb

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    18 Oct 2009 09:50 PM
    That is pretty cool D.P.. We never see banded waterfowl were I live no fly way so we only have locals and a few come down but very few.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    20 Oct 2009 11:16 AM

I'm finally getting caught up enough to defend myself. DP, great pics and if you are ever looking for someone to fill a spot in the blind give me a call. With that being said, I might be "too busy" also so I'm not sure I do want you to call me.  

TB, if I would have watched that game I would have been so worked up I might as well just have stayed up all night. With age has come a better understanding of when to fish and when to cut bait as they say.  

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    20 Oct 2009 04:33 PM
    Pork, Are you trying say that you would like to see #4 down with T.B.? Rather than playing for the "purple people eaters"........Bob
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    22 Oct 2009 07:30 AM
    Ya know what, I don't have much opinion on the matter. I wish him the best in his future and believe that this move to the Vikes was purely to get back at Ted Thompson the Packers GM. The fact that he has them undefeated and looking like a Super Bowl contender at this point in the season is icing on the cake.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    22 Oct 2009 04:11 PM
    Pork, He says no it never crossed his mind. That stuff is pure media trying to make something happen. He just wanted to play and the Vikings were a good team so he went with them......Bob
    Eric23User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:7 Eric23
    --
    29 Oct 2009 02:55 PM

Nice woodies guys

2009-2010 season: Outtings: 9 Ducks: 3 Wood Duck: 1 Teal: 2
    jasmineUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 jasmine
    --
    16 Dec 2009 01:17 AM

i like hunting very much .iused to go on hunting . last time when i hunted a duck with blow gun i found it very impressive so

if any body is fond of hunting then it is suitable for him to hunt with a blow gun . here are some pictures related to bow

hunting . when i hunted with a blow gun i found there was no any noise while hunting at the same time when you hunt with a

fire gun it produces so much noise and your hunt become concious after hearing that noise and you are not able to aim your

hunt again but in the case of blow gun hunting there is no any noise and your aim or hunt remain unconcious and you are able

to aim it again and it was good experience to hunt with a blow gun . i also seen so many  videos on national geographyc on

blow gun hunting and i liked it so much iam also interested in these kind of weapons and i enjoy making a collection of these

.the reason i liked [url=http://www.weapons-universe.com/Archery/Bows/Crossbows.shtml] blow gun [/url] weapons so much

because you just not only use it for a particuler type of hunting but you can use it in all kind of hunting and your

protection also.Obtaining the right hunting blow guns is not difficult. By following a few simple guidelines you can purchase

a hunting blow guns that will last for several years.

---