Thanks for the help, not.
Last Post 10 Oct 2009 11:01 PM by Pheasant&Waterfowl. 4 Replies.
Author Messages
Pheasant&WaterfowlUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:14 Pheasant&Waterfowl
--
08 Oct 2009 10:49 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else had friends that always say that they will help you with the blind or whatever needs to be done for next season and they never do LOL. You got to love it.

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    09 Oct 2009 09:56 PM
    If you have adult children, you should be use to that. If not get use to it. It will come.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Pheasant&WaterfowlUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:14 Pheasant&Waterfowl
    --
    09 Oct 2009 11:41 PM

No kids yet, but I am becoming more used to it. But, I am not one to turn a friend down to hunt with me even if they didn't help.

cacklencrowUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:23 cacklencrow
    --
    10 Oct 2009 08:54 AM

I know the feeling.  I don't duck hunt...would like to start but I barely have time to bow hunt and pheasant hunt as is.  Every year though I try to get my brother-n-law to help me get the stands ready but he always has an excuse.  I bush hog, disc, buy the seed and fertilizer, put in the seed, put up the stands, put out the cameras and attractants, etc. with no help.  Then I come to get in my stand opening weekend and to my suprise...there is my brother-n-laws truck..hmmm, out sitting in my stand.  Ohh well.  I don't even worry about much anymore...I just try to steer him toward the garr hole and try to keep the good hidey holes to myself.  I do have a 10 yr old son that has been a huge help to me this year...I'm sure that will change in a few years when he has better things to do (chase girls) but for now it's great!  He killed his first deer at 7 and has been hooked ever since.  I also have a 5yr old coming along.  When he's a little bigger we'll have a pretty good crew!

CNC

--
    10 Oct 2009 11:01 PM

Passing down hunting traditions and getting kids involved, keeps hunting alive. And even though your son might be chasing girls, I am sure he will make time to go out once in a while or might surprise you and figure out that chasing girls sometimes can be a pain and want to hunt instead lol.  

---