Differences in TRAINING
Last Post 16 May 2010 08:40 PM by Hillbilly. 2 Replies.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
02 May 2010 12:59 PM

Some people might hear some of us talking about training dogs and go WOW. Some of us train gundogs, some of us train test dogs, and alot of people train companion hunting dogs. That's why there are all different kinds of training methods and they all work. But you have to match the training to the type of hunting, testing, and life style you and the dog will have.  There is a good bunch of guys and gals on here that know their stuff. Everyone of them different in one way or another. I didn't post this for replies, but if anyone wants to throw in their 2 cents then lets hear it. I just think the guy just chiming in to just look and might need help. They would better understand a little if it was explained. Training a bird dog is one of the coolest experiences ever. To watch a pup develop into a started dog and then finish out to be  your buddy and hunting partner is a great thing.

Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    16 May 2010 05:07 PM
    I agree Ed, I will only add the BREED of dog makes a difference also. A GSP for example will take a firmer hand than a Brittany..........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    16 May 2010 08:40 PM
    Oh ya Bob your right even each dog is different.
    Life's Short Play Hard

---