Looking for a hunting pup
Last Post 05 Jun 2011 07:37 PM by birdshot. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
EyesOfAKingUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 EyesOfAKing
--
02 Jun 2011 06:24 PM

Hello
    I am looking for a hunting puppy for my boyfriend. He has served in the national guard for 5 years, and has done a lot. I think he deserves to have a puppy. It would have a very good home, and be loved very much.
    Thanks

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    03 Jun 2011 06:12 AM
    Can you give us a few more specifics? What does he like to hunt? Where? Does he like pointers or flushers?
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Frog Hollow GriffonsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 Frog Hollow Griffons
    --
    03 Jun 2011 03:37 PM

If your boyfriend loves to hunt then a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon would be a great choice.  They are natural hunters, and both point and retrieve.  We just a had a litter born on 5-29-11, but they are all sold.  We wish you the best in looking for a hunting companion and a WPG would be perfect!

birdshotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:25 birdshot
    --
    05 Jun 2011 07:37 PM

i notice your avator is a  Golden. Goldens are hard to beat if you need a retriever, though i like labradors.  Did you check the dogs for sale at this site.  when you narrow his breed preference down you should get plenty of suggestions as to where to look. or describe what kind of hunting he uses a dog for so we can argue our favorite breeds.

---