Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Fly Fishing
Last Post 27 Jul 2009 10:40 AM by Hillbilly. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
24 Jul 2009 04:10 PM

Any of you guys do any fly fishing?

Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    24 Jul 2009 06:22 PM
    I don't have the patience to fish, but I believe I could give this a whirl.

I've got a good friend that does a great deal of it. He moved out to Washington after graduating from college and recently moved back. He was glad to get back to our area because of the fly fishing. I guess we have some really good streams in our area.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    24 Jul 2009 10:57 PM
    I'm an Odd-Ball Living in Washington and not being a Fly-Fisherman. The truth is I have tried several times but could never get the timing down right. I just gave up and now stick to Bait Casters and Spinning stuff.........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    24 Jul 2009 11:00 PM
    I'm not the best just been doing it for awhile my oldest boy is getting pretty good. I think it's a blast to be out on a creek with no one around catching native brook trout. You can also do it with a spinning real small sinker and a piece of worm. It's all just relaxing to me.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BoUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 Bo
    --
    25 Jul 2009 09:39 AM
    been fly fishing for quit some time now. love going out in my float tube and catching a bunch of gills, bass are a blast on a top water popper. have a few smallies in the local creeks but not much room for a back cast. been out to laramine, wy. a few times and trout fished the river. would like to get to fl. and do some bone fishing.
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    25 Jul 2009 04:55 PM

I fly fish a few of the small streams around. .. more fly 'flippin' and short roll casting in under the brush, not a lot of casting action.  I probably spend as much time with my fly wrapped around a branch, as in the water.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    27 Jul 2009 07:09 AM
    Lovin' this last pic ^^^

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    27 Jul 2009 10:40 AM
    Looks like place's I fish even the little ones reeling ones in.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com