Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Sporting Clay Games
Last Post 21 Apr 2010 07:43 AM by Porknbeans. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jballardUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:40 jballard
--
24 Jul 2009 04:18 PM

I've got a group of guys going out clay shooting for a company outing.  Anyone have any games they play with clays to make it more intresting?

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    24 Jul 2009 06:56 PM
    I have enough trouble doing it straight, but a simple addition would be to play it as a skins game.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    26 Jul 2009 02:48 PM
    Pork hit it dead on. Before you start shooting, have everyone throw $5 (or $10, or throw in a full box of shells, etc.) in a pot. Team up your experienced shooter(s) with a not-so-experienced shooter. The team that has the most hits, wins the pot.

Another game....Collect $5 from every shooter and put in a pot. Number all guns in your shooting party (1, 2, 3, 4, etc....) tear off small sheets of paper numbered with as many guns in the group. Dedicate a station where everybody draws a number from a hat...the number you pick, you must shoot the corresponding numbered gun. The shooter who shoots the best on that particular station, wins the pot.

In advance of the outing, have a trophy made up for the last place team or individual. We did this once and the trophy was the back half of a horse!! (horse's a$$). Worth a lot of laughs and sure to be a trophy that the team or individual won't mind displaying, even if they did come dead last.

TB
    "I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    claysportsonlineUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 claysportsonline
    --
    17 Mar 2010 08:53 AM
    Big fan of Chunkin'--- Hit the clay and break the piece!
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    18 Mar 2010 07:00 AM
    claysportsonline, forgive my ignorance. Can you help me out on "Chunkin"? Is it really a game or is it (in my world) the shock and pleasure of actually breaking a clay?
    claysportsonlineUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 claysportsonline
    --
    20 Apr 2010 11:54 AM

Chunkin' is actually a game.  I have seen Chunkin' tournaments advertised in Western PA.  I am not sure how an actual tournament is scored.  I believe it is played with partners. You shoot at the clay, break it and then you have to break a broken piece of the bird. Our squad just plays it as a game during practice when we break out the semi-autos.

Christian Parker
    http://www.claysportsonline.com

--
    21 Apr 2010 07:43 AM
    Holy 12ga Batman! I'm about 20years away from even thinking about playing that one.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com