Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Fall Turkey Season Tactics
Last Post 26 Jul 2009 04:41 PM by llewellin. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jballardUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:40 jballard
--
24 Jul 2009 03:28 PM

I'm thinking about applying for a fall turkey permit this year, the problem is I've never hunted them in the fall and it is my understanding that they don't respond well to calls or decoys this time of year so how do you hunt them?  Is it just a matter of being in the right place at the right time or is their more to it?

Tags: turkey hunting gobbler fall
    llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    26 Jul 2009 07:45 AM

i would like to here peoples thoughts on this as well.  this fall will be long islands first turkey season ever!!!  and i wanna go out and get me one.  especially since the property you hunt the turkeys on is right behind my house.  i have seen quite a few flocks already!

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    26 Jul 2009 08:35 AM
    Here in Oregon I got buddies that draw fall tags and they usually find them and put on a stock or kill one while big game hunting. I watched them hunt with dogs on the outdoor channel once. They used the dog to break up the flock and them sat and waited for the flock to come back to gather. They were calling but it was just chick and little hen clucks. The show was on American Gun Dog.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    26 Jul 2009 04:41 PM
    that was filmed in upstate ny ed. i saw that show too. the guy bred them and called em turkey dogs. i believe you are only allowed to use em during the fall season
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com