New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Forest fires
Last Post 31 Jul 2009 09:41 AM by llewellin. 28 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
29 Jul 2009 06:27 PM
Blues or Ruffs
Life's Short Play Hard
grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
--
30 Jul 2009 07:04 AM

Waaay cool pic's!..  I hope you 'n yours are all safe!
 Fires are just plain scary in those poorly managed ares. IMO far far too much fuel has been allowed to accumulate over the last 100 years.
I'll see if I can find/post some pictures of a big one, that destroyed a few thousand acres nearby, and came a little to close for comfort, back in '05..

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
30 Jul 2009 09:28 AM
Way Cool
Life's Short Play Hard
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
30 Jul 2009 12:51 PM
WOW, Those are some very awesome pictures G.O.D.. I was in the woods this morning and the floor was thick with tree dead fall and other dried brush and weeds. I thought; if this ever caught fire. O'MY, how could they ever stop it......Bob
My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
--
30 Jul 2009 07:26 PM
bob if u want a cure for the whole "not being able to find much grouse thing" i suggest you talk to ed
PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
--
30 Jul 2009 07:50 PM
Wow, great pics.
Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
--
31 Jul 2009 08:55 AM

so hows the fire hillbily?.. I see you're having record heat and dry up that way.
It can't be "good" for it.

P'nB.. I'm a picture whore..(can  say that here?..:p)

I love my digi. I'm seldom without it, and that fire was up close and personal for about 10 days.

Here are some pics of the area just one month after the fire.

theres that darn kid again..

The entire area is now nearlly overgrown by scrub oak.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
--
31 Jul 2009 09:38 AM
Well I got a buddy that is a cop at the fire camp and he said yesterday they did a back burn to get it under control there's not as much smoke now. We went and watched the sky crane get water and do drops the other night. I guess there's a big fire on the Snake River.
Life's Short Play Hard
llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
--
31 Jul 2009 09:41 AM
last big fire we had was in the 1990 but it destoryed almost 3,000 acres
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com