Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Bow Season 09
Last Post 08 Sep 2009 05:01 PM by Hillbilly. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
28 Jul 2009 02:13 PM

So are you all ready for the 09 season it is going to be my oldest son's first bow season he's taken deer and elk with a rifle now he's trying a bow. I'm not hunting I'm acting has his guide.

Life's Short Play Hard
    jballardUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:40 jballard
    --
    28 Jul 2009 08:25 PM
    I can't wait. I keep thinking about dropping some big coin on a new bow but then my old Hoyt is still so reliable. I'm not sure a new bow would make the deer more dead? What type of deer are you hunting Mules or Whitetail? Whitetail hunter here.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    28 Jul 2009 11:12 PM
    Mule Deer and Rocky Mountain Elk also got Black Bear and Mt Loin tags.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Jul 2009 08:17 PM
    Jon the Cabela's in PDC was having a huge sale on all of their bows last week. I had one of my baseball kids come up to me all jacked up about his latest purchase.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    03 Aug 2009 03:21 PM
    I recently purchased a new Diamond Iceman from a great website, huntersfriends.com and it was the best $900 bucks I have spent in a long time. My PSE Baby-G did a great job but new the technology out there makes a huge difference. I can't wait to take my first shoot at a PA buck this fall. I was shooting with my buddy last night, who has a 5 year old Hoyt and my bow shoot so much smoother he is considering a new set-up.
    HillBilly, to answer your question, I can't wait for the season to begin.
    --
    04 Aug 2009 06:23 PM
    No new bow for my this year have decided to just be the guide for the kids. Plus next year they'll make one even faster and smoother. I got a lion and bear tag so I'll pack my big pistol.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    12 Aug 2009 09:44 PM
    Season starts the 29th here I don't know who's more jacked up me or my son who gets to do the shooting.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    HuntingNutUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:73 HuntingNut
    --
    27 Aug 2009 09:42 AM
    I just bought a new Fred Bear Truth 2. Easily the best money I've spent on hunting in a long time. So smooth and incredibly fast. Out of the box it shot 304 fps, which matches all of the "big name" brands like Hoyt and Matthews. I have a friend who is a big bow hunter and has the same bow and after a lot of tweaking (and money invested) we clocked the bow at 335 fps. Lightning fast! I can't wait for the upcoming season and take my first buck or doe with my new best friend Mr. Fred Bear Truth 2!
    Hunting is Life- Enough Said
    --
    28 Aug 2009 01:52 PM
    Sounds like a nice bow. I get to go out tomorrow with my son he talked me into buying a deer tag and he has a deer and elk tags. We're both shooting his bow it's a Martin Leopard. I started shooting it when he was shooting the other night and was impressed.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    29 Aug 2009 01:19 PM
    Well my son killed his first archery deer this morning.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    31 Aug 2009 06:16 AM
    Hillbilly,

That is awesome, nothing like shooting your first deer! Something that he will never forget. I still have to wait 5 weeks before I get the chance to let an arrow fly. I can't wait! I got a 130+ inch 10 point patterned and the tree stand hung. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Dave
    --
    31 Aug 2009 08:46 AM

I think I was more jacked up then he was. Here's the pic I took with my phone I hope it worked. Not a big one but it was his first archery deer. He's got a handful of little bucks and does with a rifle and 1 cow elk.

Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    31 Aug 2009 09:15 AM
    Way to Go HILLBILLY! Mucho congrats to your son for holding steady & being stealthy!

TB
    "I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    archryhntUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 archryhnt
    --
    07 Sep 2009 12:50 AM

I havent tried this already, but I have this feeling of getting interested about the said bow. There are more time to wait for the season to come, and I'm not yet decided on what should I use, but I have the idea about it. Thanks for sharing your idea, I have the idea to use it.

Thanks!

Trail Cameras
    Treestands
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    07 Sep 2009 08:49 AM
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! hllbilly JR.. congrat's! and mabny more in your future..
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    --
    07 Sep 2009 11:21 AM
    We just got done grouse hunting with the fam now we're heading out to hunt elk for the day.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    HuntingNutUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:73 HuntingNut
    --
    08 Sep 2009 03:10 PM
    dang hillbilly sounds like a heck of a labor day you had! im definitely jealous!
    Hunting is Life- Enough Said
    --
    08 Sep 2009 05:01 PM
    Got into some elk last night but my son didn't get a shot. Killed some more grouse this morning over 1 of my young gsp's man life is good.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com