Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Season Limit Or Daily Limit
Last Post 30 Jul 2009 08:00 PM by Porknbeans. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jballardUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:40 jballard
--
28 Jul 2009 07:47 PM
    Do you think season limits are a good way to manage gamebirds?
    I think it's a good idea (1)
     20%
    I don't like the idea (4)
     80%

Not to long ago Wisconsin went to a season limit on pheasants.  In addition to a daily limit (1 Cock opening weekend and 2 cocks for the rest of the season) Now with your liscense you get 10 stickers that can be used on public hunting grounds and you just tag the bird like you would a deer. 

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    28 Jul 2009 09:35 PM
    I think daily limits are best because; Around here we have a lot of for want of a better term, "game hogs". If they should get into a covey of Quail for example. They would take a season limit and come later for a second one. From what I see there is very little regard for "Resource Conservation".........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    29 Jul 2009 08:17 AM

our seasonal limit is 40 birds per person.  and our daily limit is 4. i agree with bob if you are going to have a seasonal limit you need a daily limit as well.

bailey blueUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 bailey blue
    --
    29 Jul 2009 11:32 AM
    Our bag limits are set up with daily limits ( for pheasants its 2, and in some parts of the state cock-birds only) and possession limits which state you can have two daily limits in possession. I echo Bob's comments too, for there are plenty who feel they are entitled to more. There is nothing wrong with limitations, and history shows what happpened to many species when there weren't any.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Jul 2009 08:00 PM
    I believe it would be next to impossible to police a seasonal limit unless the wardens had the opportunity to search your freezer. Even with that, there is no way to manage the consumption over the coarse of the season to account for the difference. Daily limits are easy to account for and easy to keep track of.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com