Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
worth a chuckle, didn't know where to put it
Last Post 23 Sep 2009 12:02 PM by Porknbeans. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BoUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 Bo
--
02 Aug 2009 02:30 PM

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->"Old Dogs:"

One day the old Lab starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a panther heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The ol Lab thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!' Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the panther is about to leap, the old Lab exclaims loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious panther! I wonder, if there are any more around here?'

Hearing this, the young panther halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. 'Whew!' says the panther, 'That was close! That old Lab nearly had me!'

Meanwhile, a squirrel who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the panther. So, off he goes, but the old Lab sees him heading after the panther with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The squirrel soon catches up with the panther, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the panther.

The young panther is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here, squirrel, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old Lab sees the panther coming with the squirrel on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old Lab says...
    'Where's that squirrel? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another panther!

Moral of this story...

Don't mess with the old dogs... age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery!

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    02 Aug 2009 04:14 PM
    That is a good one Bo. I do agree with Moral too.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    02 Aug 2009 04:41 PM
    Really good
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    03 Aug 2009 05:53 AM
    Too funny.

Ah the pleasures wisdom can give you.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    18 Aug 2009 05:52 PM
    that story is GREAT
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    11 Sep 2009 08:46 AM
    A few years back, I was hunting a piece of CRP with an old Kansas farmer. About half way through the feild his gsp locked up, as the old fella approached the point, a funeral processioncame into site and proceeded to slowly make it's way along the county road alongside our field.
    The o'farmer abruptly turned his attention from the dog, to the line of cars going by. Removed his hat to cover his chest and bowed his head in a moment of silent respect.
    Once the procession passed, he returned to the task at hand, and flushed and killed a nice rooster.
    Upon our return to the trucks, I commented on how nice I thought his kind and respectful gesture was. His reply, "Well, it's the least I could do. After all, we were married for 42 years."
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    23 Sep 2009 12:02 PM

At this time of year, it sounds like he had his priorities straight! 

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com