Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Colorado archery elk hunt
Last Post 19 Sep 2009 10:26 AM by Hillbilly. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bailey blueUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 bailey blue
--
04 Aug 2009 02:08 PM

Hey guys, I'm heading to the mountains just above Durango Colorado for a horseback in archery Elk hunt in a month and was wandering if there was any must know, or would be nice to know info out there that I could get before I get there and think " man i wish I knew that!

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    04 Aug 2009 05:17 PM
    Ask G.O.D. before he gets struck by lightning. He's lives in that part of the country.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    06 Aug 2009 02:45 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaP!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    06 Aug 2009 02:48 PM
    Which direction outta' durango baily? I've hunted 'mostly' east and north of durango. Closer to Pagosa.
    You on a guided hunt? or free lancing it?
    I can't think of any crucial info' about the area, other than stay away from that res'!..
    bailey blueUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 bailey blue
    --
    11 Aug 2009 02:33 PM
    We're meeting the wraqnglers at a trailhead around Silverton (due North of Durango). The camp (wall tent) will be set up for us, but then they leave only to return a few days later (we hope!!!). Can't wait! The four hour horse ride in after a 32-35 hour ride out may change my tune though. Hey, Life's an adventure...!
    --
    13 Aug 2009 06:28 AM
    you are headed into some BEAUTIFUL country. Best o' luck baily'. stick a monster!!!
    Graybird66User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 Graybird66
    --
    13 Aug 2009 01:43 PM
    DON'T FORGET... to bring BBQ Sauce!
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    13 Aug 2009 02:32 PM
    I want to see pics of dead stuff.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    04 Sep 2009 04:41 AM
    Bailey,
    I am guessing that you are heading out west this week or next, so I wanted to say best of luck to you. I hope we get to see some pictures of the big bull down.

Dave
    --
    04 Sep 2009 08:18 AM
    Pics are good.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    11 Sep 2009 08:58 AM

.. I hope he packed a jacket.. calling for a "chance" of snow in the 'high country'...

--
    12 Sep 2009 03:21 PM
    It's 91 here today but in 2 weeks it will snow.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    14 Sep 2009 08:05 AM
    a good li'l snow and cold blast should get those bulls "in the mood"...
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    14 Sep 2009 11:06 AM

Hillbilly, dang, you mean it snows out there even when it's 91?!

P.S. What is snow?

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    --
    15 Sep 2009 08:20 AM
    Ya it will snow the first week in September and then warm back up for a couple weeks. G.O.D. the bulls are buglong here but every idiot with a tube has been yelling at them from the truck so you have to sweet talk them in with the cow talk got a buddy that killed a 373 bull opening day. TB snow is good
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    16 Sep 2009 07:51 AM
    "Boy-howdeeee" hillbilly. ain't it the truth!
    --
    18 Sep 2009 02:11 PM
    No bulls down, but thanks for the best wishes. We saw three good bulls, and one guy hit a twig at twenty yards or there'd be pics. I jumped a magazine cover from his bed and let me tell you, there was no getting a shot at him. Overall a great trip with beautiful scenery, but not nearly as many elk as we'd hoped to see. It was hot, 60-70's during the day, and so you'd get an occ. bugle early in the am, and that was it. Tack on a 32 hr drive at the beginning and end as well as 1/2 days on the horses in and out, and well lets just say that was a long time for Daddy away from his girls. My oldest daughter propmty told me I'm not allowed to go anywhere except work to make money! I'll make up to her and Bailey when we get out for pheasants at the club this coming week.
    --
    18 Sep 2009 03:35 PM
    Glade you made it back.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    19 Sep 2009 06:13 AM
    Dad-gummit BB!.. hope you enjoyed the 'hunt'..
    --
    19 Sep 2009 10:26 AM
    We got into the elk last night no shots but the wife's brother went back up this morning I wanted to go but got to do dog stuff this morning. Cooled off here and the elk are talking.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com