Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
HUNTING SEASON CLIP.
Last Post 20 Oct 2009 12:18 PM by Porknbeans. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
06 Aug 2009 01:36 PM

How many of you hunters are getting your long haired dog ready for the season by giving them a real close hair cut? I did Tony Yesterday and he looks ready for action  already......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
    --
    06 Aug 2009 05:56 PM

I am still picking burrs out of Holly, still can't bring myself to cut the locks.  You will appreciate this, one morning she came back with her ears velcroed together over the top of her head.  You had to laugh until the time came to clean them out.  She is very patient and does not seem to mind getting them cleaned out.  It just takes some time.  I may finally give in.  Season will open here the first of Sept for dove, duck and goose.

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    07 Aug 2009 06:23 AM
    No shave yet, but I'm getting ready to trim her up good.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    07 Aug 2009 07:32 PM
    Pork, will Brie look like Tony when your done?........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    10 Aug 2009 07:17 AM
    Nope, I trim behind her ears and the long hair on the back of her legs. For early season I'll go through her with a Furminator to get rid of shedding hair and trim her up. It is a the balance I struck with the wife. She won't let me trim Brie close, but I do get to cut the long stuff for the hunting season.
    BrianUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 Brian
    --
    11 Aug 2009 12:34 PM

Nope I have a German shothair,so thier is no trimming or cutting done their.

BuckShotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:14 BuckShot
    --
    15 Oct 2009 12:06 PM
    I also have a GSP. Last weekend was opening day for the youths pheasant here in Pa.. My son got his right away. We stuck around and walked with kids who didn't have a dog, with the under standing that they didn't shoot till I said...( I didn't need my dog shot). These were good kids... I just wasn't sure of there shooting back grounds. I didn't have any hair to trim, but that dog hunted hard for a bunch of happy kids. I picked thorns out of every part of his sore and tired body. Was it worth it? You bet! To watch a group of smiling youg boys stand in line while my dog was on point, and then have it sound like a gun fight at Gettysburg..... only to watch the birds keep flying. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Our limit is 2 a day. Each kid got at least one bird each. I told them to meet me again this Sat. at the same time and place. We'll see how many show up again.
    --
    15 Oct 2009 02:28 PM
    Sounds like "A good time was had by all" I'll bet a lot of them will show up......Bob
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Oct 2009 06:01 PM
    That sounds really good BuckShot
    Life's Short Play Hard
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    18 Oct 2009 06:39 AM

"KUDOS"!!!.... buckshot, for showing those kids a good time!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    --
    20 Oct 2009 12:18 PM
    Nice going Buckshot!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com