New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Whats New
Last Post 14 Oct 2010 10:40 AM by DoubleGun. 36 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
28 Aug 2009 08:53 PM
Thats what they did here in Spokane,thye just changed the name. Please don't ask what it is for I don't know. I'll find out when I need something. Hillbilly how you coming on that "Dream Vest?"..........Bob
My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
30 Aug 2009 10:38 AM
My wife says I don't need any more so I'll have to wait to pick it up when I go out of town.
Life's Short Play Hard
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
30 Aug 2009 05:34 PM
Them wives just don't understand guys like you and me. We need those things to keep our sanity.............Bob
My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
31 Aug 2009 04:37 PM
I don't want just 1. She's OK with 25 dogs but not a new vest.
Life's Short Play Hard
--
31 Aug 2009 05:14 PM
My wife is just the opposite, I can 25 vests but only one dog. I just thought of something, tomorrow is Tony's 10th birthday. I guess I'll be giving him a good present by taking him hunting.....Bob
--
31 Aug 2009 05:19 PM
I would guess he'll love his present as much as you will giving it to him.
Life's Short Play Hard
--
31 Aug 2009 10:23 PM
Would you believe my wife just bought a piece of Carrot Cake at Safeway. It is for Tony's Birthday she also got some Vanilla Ice Cream because he loves the stuff. Carrot Cake because Tony loves carrots in any way, shape or form. It was NOT ME but her. Boy and she claims I spoil Tony........Bob
--
01 Sep 2009 08:48 AM
Did you get a bite?
Life's Short Play Hard
--
01 Sep 2009 01:57 PM
She said she got a big piece so the 3 of us can share. I am trying to lay low on the sweet stuff anyway. I am gaining weight and don't know why I'm actually eating less than my 20 carbs a day diet. It just isn't working anymore. Guess it is time to see the Diabetic Nurse again.......Bob
PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
--
01 Sep 2009 02:35 PM
Good luck with your diet Bob. I love carrot cake with sour cream frosting. Tony is more spoiled than you are.

I just bought a new vest for my son. I noticed his game vest was fitting a little snug. It gave me an opportunity to go shopping for new stuff. I ended up buying him dis-continued Filson vest. He loves it and we're both looking forward to breaking it in this year.
Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
--
01 Sep 2009 03:54 PM
Hey Pork did you get your self anything? Carrot cake is one of my favorites to. Don't feel bad Bob I got to go in regularly to get mine checked.
Life's Short Play Hard
PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
--
11 Sep 2009 07:56 AM
Nope, I kept the shopping to my son. I'm trying to control some of the spending right now.
Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
--
11 Sep 2009 08:21 AM
I'm with you on that.
Life's Short Play Hard
--
11 Sep 2009 01:56 PM
Pork, You got that right Tony is more spoiled than I am. Two of us are spoiling him. As for the spending, I have to get the money from the book keeper. If she should say no go right now I'm shot down.......Bob
WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
--
14 Sep 2009 05:51 AM
There were a lot a posts on the costs of 28 ga. shells. Just went to Bass Pro last night, they still have the AA 28 ga shells for less than $10 per box, brought home a case!
--
14 Sep 2009 08:22 AM
Good dealas little as I shoot a case lasts me a while but for the kids it doesn't stretch out every far. Season has been open for 2 and a half weeks and we've shot over half a case of 20ga (got alot of birds to eat). The problem with 28ga here is no one shoots it. It's even hard to find a variety of 20.
Life's Short Play Hard
DoubleGunUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 DoubleGun
--
14 Oct 2010 10:40 AM
I recently bought a pair of Irish Setter wingshooter boots, man they are fantastic! Very comfortable from the beggining and would recommend to anyone looking for a boot of this type. Another item, although not new, that you may want to check out is a vest from Wing Works in Hailey Idaho. Very well made, great design and good people to work with. L.L. Bean's "technical" hunting pants are one of the best pair of hunting pants I have found. Being a hunting guide in Arizona means my gear gets worked every day in a very rough enviorment. I have found some items I liked only to find that they could not stand up to the stress. I have to watch my pennies so if something falls apart in a month I've just flushed my money down the tiolet. I have found that in most cases you get what you pay for, not that an expensive piece of gear won't fail but the company is more apt to be willing to stand behind it.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com