Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
CHOKE TUBES
Last Post 11 Aug 2009 01:33 PM by Tarheel Blue. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
06 Aug 2009 01:58 PM

I have 2 new guns they are Traditions By Fausti, Field III Gold O/U. I am having trouble finding a Light modified choke tube for them. Anybody know of a choke tube company that makes that choke. I have tried Carlson, Briley,  and all the common ones. So it will have to be somebody basically unknown.......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    06 Aug 2009 04:17 PM

Bob, the Fausti chokes are compatible with the American Arms shotguns. So you might be able to purchase a LM made for that gun, or if one of the after-market choke companies makes chokes for American Arms, you could try try that. Don't forget about aftermarket companies such as  Rhino, Comp-N-Choke and Pure Gold. All have dedicated web sites that provide further contact info.

Also, chokes made for Lanber, Laurona Stoeger (Luger O/U version) and Tri-Star are also compatible with American Arms. Check out www.shotgunworks.com/content.aspx?c...okes_Guide for more info.

Hope this helps.

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    06 Aug 2009 04:51 PM
    That is just it, they all make chokes for the gun. But none of them make a Light Modified. Thanks for the try........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    07 Aug 2009 06:08 AM
    tb, great link.

Bob, good luck on your search.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    07 Aug 2009 09:44 AM

Bob, Comp-N-Choke carries a choke for the American Arms 12 gauge guns. (Unsure if your Fausti is a 12 ga). These guns have a .725 bore diameter. They do carry the Light Modified chokes. You can order the choke in either stainless or blued finish. I have used the C-N-C tubes before in my sporting guns and found they do the job, but you do have to clean the slotted ports from time to time to reduce the fouling from the wad-stripping as the shotstring exits the muzzle as the slots strip the wad. This allows a more uniform and even pattern to develop earlier in the shotstring.  Check them out at www.comp-n-choke.com/Chokes.html or call them at 888-875-7906.

Carlson's has the LM choke in the Sporting Clays version (extended choke) for $34.50 + S & H. Check them out at www.choketube.com/american.html or call them at (785) 626-3700 or (785) 626-3078.

Good luck,

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    --
    07 Aug 2009 07:25 PM

That is just it, they all make them for 12 gauge. I shoot nothing but 20' and 28 gauges. Those 12 bore chokes don't work for me.......Bob

--
    10 Aug 2009 06:15 PM

I ordered my Choke tube today. Trulock choke makes a 20 gauge Lt Mod. in their extended series. So I got one. Thank you for the help.....Bob

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    11 Aug 2009 06:37 AM
    I'm glad you were able to find one. Good luck with it.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    11 Aug 2009 01:33 PM
    Trulock is a fine reputable choke maker. Good luck with your order and let us know how they performed/patterned in your Fausti.

TB
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com