New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Best Dog For Grouse Hunting
Last Post 21 Aug 2009 08:38 AM by Hillbilly. 28 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
--
19 Aug 2009 05:45 PM
actually to be fair ed has a bunch of pointing dogs too.

honestly if i were to ever get a flushing dog it would be a cocker. i know a guy who owns one and i cant get enough of that dog, its too cool.

i would love to see one try to retrieve a goose.
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
19 Aug 2009 10:33 PM
I seen a American Water Spaniel do it. Very impressive for a small dog.
Life's Short Play Hard
BertUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:51 Bert
--
20 Aug 2009 07:11 AM
Posted By Hillbilly on 19 Aug 2009 04:00 PM
Bert do you got any close up pics of that dog he looks like a mans dog.
Hillbilly, Here are a couple of close up shots.
Bert

NRA Life Member, NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor, NRA Cert. RSO, Class III RSO/KCR
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
20 Aug 2009 08:21 AM
Good looking dog.
Life's Short Play Hard
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
20 Aug 2009 12:57 PM
Well built young dog, it looks great thank for the pictures.......Bob
My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
BertUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:51 Bert
--
20 Aug 2009 03:01 PM

Thanks guys, that dog is 5 years old in those pictures Bob. He will be 6 this fall.

We train twice a day for 15 minutes each time and then run for 45 minutes to an hour once a day.

NRA Life Member, NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor, NRA Cert. RSO, Class III RSO/KCR
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
20 Aug 2009 05:33 PM
Well Tony will be 10 years on the Sept.1, maybe that is why it still looks like a young dog to me........Bob
My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
--
20 Aug 2009 09:12 PM

My Cocker is going to give it a try in about 11 days.  With the determination this little dog has Im betting she will do it.  She absolutely loves retreiveing in the water.

--
21 Aug 2009 08:38 AM
Take some pics. I'm sure she be good at it.
Life's Short Play Hard
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com