New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
SHOOTING TRAP.
Last Post 22 Sep 2009 05:19 PM by Bob. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
11 Aug 2009 06:12 PM

Today I went shooting Trap. It was pretty windy for a 28 gauge and 9 shot but I did pretty well. I have a case/flat of 9's I want to use up so I can reload them. I knew I was going to be up and down with the wind. So I did not keep score. I really just wanted to freindly with my 28 before the Grouse and Quail season arrives. Any of you other guys going to get friendly with your shotguns before the Season starts??.....Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    12 Aug 2009 07:39 AM
    We've been frequenting the range recently, with the dove 'n quail opener just around the corner. I've been ..satisfied.. with my trap scores, but my skeet shooting has smelled of bovine behind...
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    12 Aug 2009 10:04 AM

Been too dang hot and humid to shoot much down here. Kinda hard to concentrate on that clay missile with sweat running in your eyeballs. I do have 2 registered sporting clays shoots scheduled for the weekend of 22-23. Been stocking up on some shotshells here and there however.....

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    12 Aug 2009 07:20 PM
    Good luck!
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    TimUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 Tim
    --
    26 Aug 2009 11:11 AM
    The boy scouts of Wentzville's MO's Troop 853 are putting on a fun and exciting Sporting Clay Tournament. It will be a 3-4 person team scramble with 56 targets at 14 stations using Lewis Scoring. The entrance fee is $240 per team and includes the course fees, a great BBQ lunch, and some very nice prizes. Total prizes are worth approximately $1000! The tournament is September 26, 2009 from 9:30 A.M. to Noon at Blackhawk Valley Hunting Preserve near Old Monroe, MO. Contact Tim at claybirds4scouts@gmail.com
    BuckeyeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:31 Buckeye
    --
    26 Aug 2009 12:48 PM
    I have been shooting quite a bit, specially since the shotgun is new this year. My buddies and I shoot a lot of continental, usually going through about 5/6 games at a time. I keep starting off hot and then doing terrible at the end when it looks like I could post a 24 or 25. Keeps my average where it needs to be
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    21 Sep 2009 06:28 PM
    Quail season is just a few weeks away. I want to get some more tune-up. So I will be shooting trap again tomorrow with my 28 gauge. I haven't been for a while but it will be fun that I know. I'll report when I get back......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    21 Sep 2009 06:28 PM
    Quail season is just a few weeks away. I want to get some more tune-up. So I will be shooting trap again tomorrow with my 28 gauge. I haven't been for a while but it will be fun that I know. I'll report when I get back......Bob
    --
    22 Sep 2009 05:19 PM
    I went shooting Trap today. I didn't keep score as I had a guy pulling my birds at random. Then from low gun I mount the gun and shoot at them. I got a lot and I missed a lot. But I learned the things I need to practice in the mirror at home, which is a big help.......Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com