Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
How Long
Last Post 09 Sep 2009 12:03 PM by Porknbeans. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
19 Aug 2009 10:54 PM

How long till you guys start huning wild bird? Me I got 13 days.

Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    20 Aug 2009 07:37 AM
    I'm probably a good month before I'll consider it. Even then it will be phez at a gamefarm or grouse up North. I haven't run my dog enough to get her used to this heat and I don't like carrying around dead birds in these temps either.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Capt. HookUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:19 Capt. Hook
    --
    31 Aug 2009 09:14 PM
    For us in Illinois, the season opens up the First week in November. So, that will be my first shot at wild birds. Plus, my hunt club doesn't start untill January.
    "His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. He has promised to wait for me..whenever... wherever — in case I need him. And I expect I will — as I always have. He is just my dog." Gene Hill
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    31 Aug 2009 10:13 PM
    I'll be parking my SUV and starting to hunt Grouse in about 10 hours. Lunch is packed all I have to is make coffee and put in my gun and I'm off. Not quite as much as usual but anyway........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    01 Sep 2009 08:47 AM
    I'm leaving in 15 minutes after I put the kids on the bus. Good Luck Guys
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    01 Sep 2009 01:47 PM

Well we did it, Tony and I had a good hunt. But I am not going to have grouse for supper or do I have to clean the gun. It was just a good long walk for both of us. I did not even see a feather on the ground. I kind of had that feeling, but it was sure nice just to get out and get things started.......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    01 Sep 2009 02:36 PM

I got 2. Had a blast took 4 dogs made 4 hunts every dog got into birds.

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    01 Sep 2009 04:11 PM

Let me Know if the pic showed up.

Life's Short Play Hard
    BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    01 Sep 2009 04:37 PM
    Hillbilly, you gotta quit hunting for a while....you are going to run oregon completely out of birds single handedly!!!
    --
    01 Sep 2009 05:02 PM

Hillbilly, I could not a pic link any place or a pic. Try again. Congrats on the birds, I wish I knew of some better spots to hunt. I'm not sure if mine even holds birds anymore........Bob

--
    01 Sep 2009 06:16 PM
    I don't think I'll run Oregon out of birds but these guys that are coming over here from the valley will. There was 4 pickups on 1 creek bottom and they didn't care I was there first. It don't take much to clean an area out. I only shot birds for the dogs so I turned down a bunch of birds today. Now I'm getting ready to take the kids out when they get home from school. Hey Bob try your spot a little later in the morning like around 10 I'll bet their still in there.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    01 Sep 2009 09:46 PM

Here's the pics from this morning and this evenings hunts. I think!

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    01 Sep 2009 11:12 PM
    Thank you Hillbilly I was thinking that. It was so hot here today, I wanted to get out early to beat the heat. It was in the high 70's by 11:00 this morning. That is too hot for Tony he be wore out in no time..........Bob
    --
    02 Sep 2009 09:47 AM
    They'll be shaded up by then or dusting so the dog can really hold them down. They won't even know the dog is there. Looks like it is going to cool off here by the weekend.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    02 Sep 2009 11:43 AM

Well, we didn't tear 'em up, but managed to bag 5 all together.

The 'new' pup did pretty well. He even picked up a'lost' bird, when we walked back through the area.

Good lookin' kids thar' hillbilly!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    --
    02 Sep 2009 11:56 AM
    Glade to hear you did good. Thanks I'm glade they look like their mom.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    02 Sep 2009 12:22 PM
    I talked with the Game Biologist this morning he told me where they are holed up and I will try it later tomorrow morning. The Low tonight is suppose to be 53 or there about. So a later start will be OK to try.........Bob
    --
    03 Sep 2009 01:35 PM
    I was all set to go and the wind was blowing so hard. I know it would be a trip into frugality.The birds don't like to fly in this much wind. So I stayed home. I don't know who was the most disappointed Tony or I.........Bob
    llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    07 Sep 2009 07:47 PM
    sucks to hear about that bob but you'll get em. awesome pics ed. what dogs are u hunting over lateley
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    09 Sep 2009 12:03 PM
    Great pics.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com