Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Hunting Preperation
Last Post 28 Aug 2009 07:49 PM by Bob. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
20 Aug 2009 12:26 PM

Besides shooting some clays, do any of you fellow hunter do anything special get ready for the season? Like practicing your mounting, and swing of the gun?.......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    20 Aug 2009 06:28 PM

This one probably belongs in the Gobble Back section, but I'll bite...."Do I do anything special to get ready for the upcoming bird season, like practice mounting my gun or swinging the gun?"

Answer...Yup, it's called sporting clays and I sometimes allow Mrs. Tarheel Blue to iron & starch my bird vest and even blow a tweet or two on my trusty whistle.

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
    --
    20 Aug 2009 07:55 PM

Sporting Clays are the way.  Going to a shoot in the morning at Quail Ridge with some boys.  No better way to get the blood pumping.  We are going to start getting some cooler mornings this week so we can start working the pup on things other than water practice.  Season opens in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edwardsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 edwards
    --
    25 Aug 2009 06:46 AM
    Hello! The answer for your question is that I want to upgrade my hunting rifles. I had found some interesting rifles at http://www.pennysaverusa.com/catego.../radius-1/ But I don't have experience with buying online.So, if you have, can you share with me your knowledge and give my some tips.

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    25 Aug 2009 11:52 AM

Edwards;I do know you have to have a FFL gun dealer that will let you ship the gun to his dealership. This I know is done for a fee for they then have to make out the registration paperwork etc. So Pick out the rifle you want and get the dealers FFL number and place your order......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    edwardsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 edwards
    --
    26 Aug 2009 02:31 AM
    Thanks for advice, Bob!
    --
    26 Aug 2009 10:29 AM
    Edwards you are very Welcome, any other questions you have ask. All members here are willing to help.......Bob
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    27 Aug 2009 09:48 AM

I do sporting clays, run the dog, clean the guns, check my equipment to see if there might be something I "need".
    Plus this year I get to buy some new equip for my son. He turned 13 last month and this will be his first full season hunting with me. Because he's growing like a weed (he's 6'-0") trying to guess what he'll be fitting into at the end of the season is a little dicey.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Graybird66User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 Graybird66
    --
    27 Aug 2009 12:46 PM
    Guns - cleaned and oiled... check
    Equipment - sorted, checked, re-organized... check
    Shells - 2 cases for dove... check
    license - state, waterfowl, walkin-access... check
    Dog - vet visit, workouts, more food... check
    PERMISSION from she who must be obeyed... check
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Waiting to scratch that itch!!!

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    28 Aug 2009 03:10 PM

We don't dare say her name...

Too funny.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    28 Aug 2009 06:09 PM
    I don't know how things are in your house, but in mine "She" is always capitalized.
    Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
    --
    28 Aug 2009 06:23 PM
    I try to get myself and my Brittany in a little better shape by spending more time walking (in my hunting boots). I also try to do a bit more overall excercise(push-ups, sit-ups etc.
    I also get all my gear out and fondle it a bit.

Brady
    --
    28 Aug 2009 07:49 PM
    Brady, that walking in your hunting boots is an excellent idea. It does no good to get legs in shape for whatever shoes. Then when you hang 3 pounds roughly on each foot your leg muscles go boogie.......Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com