Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Finally broke into the 90's
Last Post 30 Aug 2009 08:39 PM by Bob. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
--
27 Aug 2009 05:41 PM

Shot a course called Silver Willows in Alberta Canada near the Rockie Mountains. Beautiful course well thought out.

The exceptional part was that I broke 90/100with a new gun on the maiden voyage.

I bought a Fabarm Elos and finally took the plunge and had this gun fitted. Tarheel has preached the importance of FIT and man he was right. I cannot say enough about fit so if any of you folks aren't hitting where you are looking or getting pounded by your gun take it from me it REALLY does make all the difference.

Thank you Tarheel!

I will grind em up now.....  

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Aug 2009 09:12 AM
    Wow, that's great. I went to the Canadian Rockies about 25 years ago. It left an impression on me and I want to go back. Shooting some clays would only add to the whole experience. Congrats on your score and your new gun.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    30 Aug 2009 02:02 PM

Way to go Lee!! Good shooting and great score. Sounds like you & the Fabarms have bonded. Keep shooting it like that and you may get yourself a sponsorship. Make the most of the warm weather you've got left up there across the border.

Also, keep track of the # of shells you shoot through her just for your own general knowledge and for tune-up planning etc.

Good to hear you took the plunge and had her fitted too. I've been telling you that makes all of the difference!! (But don't tell everyone!!)

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    30 Aug 2009 08:39 PM
    That is a good outing with a new gun. Man that is super congrats on the score. I'm happy to hear the price of that gun just went up.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    30 Aug 2009 08:39 PM
    That is a good outing with a new gun. Man that is super congrats on the score. I'm happy to hear the price of that gun just went up.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com