Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
hot pursuit aluminum dog boxes
Last Post 10 Sep 2009 01:42 PM by Hillbilly. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
hot pursuitUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 hot pursuit
--
28 Aug 2009 08:23 PM

hot pursuit dog boxes are now taking orders for custom aluminum boxes. we are located in zuni va. http://www.hotpursuitdogboxes.webs.com

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Aug 2009 09:03 AM
    Do you have local distribution or can it be collapsed for shipping?

What about costs and options?

Please don't just join to post as an advertisement or we will be forced to remove it.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    30 Aug 2009 11:18 AM
    Pork, I would be worried about aluminum dog boxes for guys like you that live in the frozen North. I think it would be hard to keep your dogs warm after a wet or snowy hunt. Even here we have cold rain that would worry me.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    31 Aug 2009 08:04 AM
    The box I run is a Four season Owens and the dogs never get cold (as long as you have the vents in) fully insulated makes a big difference even in the heat of summer.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    31 Aug 2009 08:08 AM
    Sorry guys I just looked at the boxes and there is noway you could run that in the winter with out modifing it.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    31 Aug 2009 12:42 PM
    I run an enclosed SUV Durango. I would still worry by the time the SUV get up to temp and the heat gets back to the dog. The damage could well have been done by then. I run those Vari-Kennels plastic, and I don't really like them. I have a lot of blankets/padding in there for Tony. He banks them up on the sides for comfort hot or cold..........Bob.
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    turboUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 turbo
    --
    05 Sep 2009 08:33 PM

I live in Ontario Canada,we make our boxes out of plywood with vents that can be closed and fill them with straw.When we go to Iows to hunt we put a heavy blanket or two over the top of the box-leaving the front opehn for ventilation.The box is a 2 dog box and it is in the back of a pick-up with a topper on it,have never had a problem with the dogs being cold

Huntig birds without a good dog is not worth going out
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    09 Sep 2009 12:57 PM
    I've got some friends that have aluminum kennels like Hillbilly and they are fully insulated. I didn't know if this guy was just advertising or looking to be a part of our community. Since he hasn't responded, I guess we have our answer.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    10 Sep 2009 11:32 AM
    Yup come and see if I can sell a few is the thinking. They never think to answering a few questions may sell a few more......Bob
    --
    10 Sep 2009 01:42 PM
    If you were hunting in the desert that box would look good in the truck but I got to have one for all seasons. I really like mine the vents pull out and you can open the hole thing up or close it up in cold weather fully insulated. I'm not trying to sell them I just like the box.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com