Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Performance Dog Foods
Last Post 06 Dec 2009 07:04 AM by Browndog. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
blacklabhunterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 blacklabhunter
--
29 Aug 2009 05:01 PM

I'm looking for some opinions on performance dog foods. Whether or not they're worth the cost, and if they are which on is the best?

coolcreekretrieversUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 coolcreekretrievers
    --
    30 Aug 2009 08:58 AM

Since the fat and protein is much higher than regular dog food. Performance dog food is made for hard working dogs. Dogs that are trained or hunted daily. We feed it to all our dogs that come in for training because the are trained twice a day 5 to 6 days a week and need a food to give the stamina and quicker recovery. There are allot of good performance dog food out there but not all will work with every dog. Most of are dogs are on Diamond seems to work very well with them. 2 of the dogs we have are on Pro Plain Performance. If you only train or hunt 1 or 2 days a week then you really don't need a performance dog food may want to try a dog food for active dogs, They have less fat and protein than performance but a little more than regulate dog food.

www.coolcreekretrievers.com
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Aug 2009 09:42 AM
    I feed my dog Evo and highly recommend it. The amount you pay is more, but so is the amount that you feed. The stools are smaller and my dog has a great coat, energy level and health (knock on wood).

My opinion: yes, it is worth it.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    30 Aug 2009 12:13 PM
    I feed my dog High Performance brand by Wal-Mart. I have been told by pro's it has all the good stuff init. My dog performs well on it has for years......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    03 Dec 2009 03:50 PM
    I kirkland signature chicken plus I get fresh chicken scraps for my buddy.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    03 Dec 2009 05:39 PM
    I make my own now but before that Diamond High Energy
    Life's Short Play Hard
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    03 Dec 2009 07:04 PM
    The kirkland is made by diamond
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    03 Dec 2009 10:42 PM
    Thanks Chris I didn't know that, Tony is eating the last of his High Performance. So I'll check into it..........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    05 Dec 2009 03:23 PM
    Bob read the bags ingredients its good stuff & cheaper then diamond its a 40Lbs bag
    BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    06 Dec 2009 07:04 AM

I recently heard about Paw King dog food and actually ran into the guy who owns the company. It seems fairly new but is getting more well-known as exposure grows. He told me they had 2 semi loads headed to Alaska for a group of people who train sled dogs for the Iditirod. They do have a web site that tells about the products. My lab seems to do well on her present diet so I don't plan to switch her at this time.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com