Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
What to do, what to do....
Last Post 19 Jan 2010 08:35 AM by TCJACK. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
--
11 Sep 2009 08:28 AM

When I finally retired, I could hardly wait to spend time enjoying my favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing.

Finally, one day at the Bait & Tackle Shop, I got to talking to Sam the shop owner who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became fishing buddies. As I said the wife doesn't care about fishing; she not only refuses to join us she always complains that I spend too much time fishing.
    A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes later Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.
    What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    WestforkUser is Offline Send Private Message Posts:50 Westfork
    --
    11 Sep 2009 10:29 AM
    Life is short --------play hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2 FEATHERSUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:6 2 FEATHERS
    --
    11 Sep 2009 07:21 PM

DOES SAM GUIDE.  I WANT TO GO FISHING WITH HER.

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Sep 2009 07:38 AM
    I think Sam looks very theraputic . I'd keep the boat.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    15 Sep 2009 07:52 AM

What boat??!

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    Graybird66User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:21 Graybird66
    --
    15 Sep 2009 08:12 AM

She comes with a boat tooooo

I think that Sam should go hunting with us!!!  This way the wife can't get mad about the fishing.   

BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    15 Sep 2009 07:04 PM

My wife Sam said that her new fishing buddy, Pat, is openly flaming and has no interest in women other than trading nail polish and doing each other's toe nails. Please keep your boat and keep my Mrs. entertained at least until this next pheasant season is over. Thanks, grouchyoldlimpdude.

grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    16 Sep 2009 07:48 AM
    Haaaaaaaaa! browndog!.. :p I'm just "old".. like a dog chasing a car.. "What the hell am I gonna' do if I catch it?"... haaa haa
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    21 Sep 2009 08:38 AM
    I'm thinking heart attack or stroke for an old guy like you but you might hold up for a day or 2 of fishing.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    21 Sep 2009 02:28 PM
    Grouchy, remember the old saying. "It would the undertaker 2 weeks to wipe the smile off my face." I'm in your boat and that is what I feel maybe more than 2 weeks......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    20 Oct 2009 08:40 AM
    Being a safety guy, I'm glad to see that she was thoughtful enough to have her own personal floatation devices built right in.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    20 Oct 2009 02:24 PM
    HA. I think those were added as a up grade.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    22 Oct 2009 07:22 AM
    Hillbilly, like I care! Natural or store bought, them's some darn nice pfd's. That debate makes as much sense to me as my wife telling me that the models in magazines aren't as pretty because they're air-brushed....that guy with the air brush is frickin' Michelangelo then.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    24 Oct 2009 02:35 PM
    Man, I tried to compliment the o'lady just this morning. I guess I'll never figure out how they "tick"..
    She was standing in front of the mirror commenting on herself.
    "I look old and my butt looks fat."
    I said "Well dear, your eyesight is still near perfect".
    ...that's when the fight started.....
    --
    19 Nov 2009 04:40 PM
    Pork I'm still young so I can be picky. G.O.D. that stuff is funny.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    18 Jan 2010 08:00 PM
    I don't care either, in all my years of fishing I never had a partner like that.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    TCJACKUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:46 TCJACK
    --
    19 Jan 2010 08:35 AM
    DAM! SAM CALL MEEEEEEE!!!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com