Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
cheap gps collarsystem
Last Post 18 Nov 2009 05:43 PM by Tarheel Blue. 23 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
--
12 Sep 2009 07:03 PM

I found this gps system called roamEO.I really wanted the garmin system but at $550

bucks. But this roamEO system on ebay for $116,now it does less then the garmin.

It tracks your dog tells you witch way he is and how many feet he is from you.

so i tred it out i figured it would be a pice of crap, but i was really surprized how good 

it was.Today it was overcast,we were out in the fields in the woods lost signal in the real thick stuff in the swamp.But i think once the leaves are off the trees i wont lose signal.

Its a great unit for what it is.Like i said its no garmin, it has no mapping like the garmin & a little less range,my buddy has the garmin & he said he  also lost signal in the swamp too.If you can live without the options i think its worth the price.I simple way to track your dog. 

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    12 Sep 2009 09:05 PM
    That was a good buy, If I found GPS unit that cheap, I'd be tempted to buy it.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    13 Sep 2009 09:58 AM
    I'm getting the Garmin but I'm a dealer. I'm going to have to check this one out.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    13 Sep 2009 04:09 PM
    Chris, have you got any pics?
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    15 Sep 2009 07:41 PM

Hillbilly the garmin has got alot more.That the one i wanted & will get maybe next season.Pork no but if put the name in a search you will find it.Like i said its no garmin but it work alot better than i thought..Got it on ebay.

BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    17 Sep 2009 11:00 AM
    Hey, I just looked at both of those systems, the Garmin and the roamEO. It seems to me that if those companies were intelligent that they would make it a tracking collar AND a shock collar all in one. No sense in having to buy two collars, especially at those prices!! JMO.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    17 Sep 2009 03:31 PM
    I sell the Garmin and Tri-Tronics and even at whole sale prices ain't that good. Any tracking system has to be better then a beeper I use them but hat them.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    17 Sep 2009 03:35 PM
    Bigmatt,Your right they should because my dog needs a longer neck for all those collars
    --
    21 Sep 2009 09:00 PM
    I'm working on that breeding a dog with a girraffe neck so we can had more jewelery to it. When I'm done it should to like a pony with bling bling.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    22 Sep 2009 10:29 AM
    Hey...a long necked hunting dog....you wouldn't need a gps collar for it, its' head would be above the brush at all times! I think you are on to something Ed. Call it an OLNP - Oregon Long Necked Pointer! What color combos will you be offering?
    --
    22 Sep 2009 12:24 PM
    Well I think pink and purple or a little of both this way you could hunt it in the neighbors back yard and blend in. Oregon Long Necked Pointer it is.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    22 Sep 2009 06:44 PM
    I take one ,my litte girl said it has to pink
    --
    22 Sep 2009 07:39 PM
    If I get a pink one your girl gets it. Hey Chris what line is your dog out of looks Elhew but I could be wrong.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    23 Sep 2009 09:23 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 unctuationKerning/> false false false ontGrowAutofit/> MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]> Hillbilly, your breeding program in Oregon is way behind the times.  We’ve had the WLNP (Wisconsin long necked pointer) breed for quite a while.  We tried going for the custom colors, but the blend keeps coming out brown.  We’ll leave the pink ones for your breeding program.

With our system we can use different combinations for all the necessary commands needed – heel, whoa, hunt, fetch, clean the bird, get me a beer, etc – as well as sending GPS coordinates and an audio/video signal of everything the dog sees and hears.

So far the system has worked very well except for the day that I lost the “get me a beer” transmitter.    There was a near panic situation until Mrs. Dogpower found it stuck between the couch cushions.

--
    23 Sep 2009 09:30 PM
    You are Killing me.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    24 Sep 2009 10:28 AM
    That is hilarious! What a great picture. Good one dogpower.
    --
    25 Sep 2009 03:07 PM
    hillbilly, yes he is a Elhew, I would have to look it up.
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    25 Sep 2009 05:01 PM
    Dogpower, that is one great picture. I think I'll have to print it out and frame it......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    25 Sep 2009 08:17 PM
    hillbilly,he's from attitude's high finance/truelove's railhew sue litter 7 muti n/c in his blood lne
    --
    26 Sep 2009 04:18 PM
    Cool I got a Crow's Little Joe Honkytonk cross pup that I love and a Miller Elhew cross.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com