Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Hey TB I got a new one.
Last Post 20 Oct 2009 10:35 AM by Hillbilly. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
14 Sep 2009 08:28 PM

I got a new Italian made over and under for the wife today it is a gem I can't even pronounce the name. Sabatti 20ga 26"barrels Improved in the bottom mod in the top fixed chokes. She didn't like the Browning mod 12 pump. Lets here some input.

Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    15 Sep 2009 07:46 AM

Congrats HB, and I should add Mrs. HB as well. The Sabatti name and gun line is quite reputable and originates in the famous Gardone region of Italy, where other famous Italian gunmakers are located. Everything I have read about the Sabatti lines, is that they are well made and should provide many years of reliable, solid service. Sabatti even made the Browning Medalist for a number of years, as well as the Remington Premier O/U's.

Sounds like you got yourself a keeper there HB and Mrs Hillbilly is probably excited to get out and take her first birds with it. Way to go! Let us know what you and Mrs HB think after you've put the gun through the paces.

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Sep 2009 08:09 AM
    She took it out and shot it last night I think Wednesday it's going grouse hunting. The gun is in perfect condition and I think I made a good trade.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    15 Sep 2009 12:30 PM
    Congrats on the new gun,A nice 20 gauge. I am not familiar with them, so no comment. I just hope it fits your wife good and she does well with it......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    15 Sep 2009 04:10 PM
    She is a really good shot gun shot but she's been raising babies for awhile now. The little ones are bigger and the big ones can watch them so me and the wife go out a couple times a week. She really likes the gun. She's taking it out tomorrow evening to out shoot me.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    15 Sep 2009 04:25 PM
    Oh Boy, I misread that post Ed, I missed the "out" in the last line. I said what and reread it and Discovered the " out shoot me. Not "to shoot me." Boy that was really something....Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    15 Sep 2009 06:13 PM
    I think there are times you might have read that right. LOL
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    16 Sep 2009 11:59 AM
    Ed, We all are in that boat from time to time. Especially around new gun time.......Bob
    --
    16 Sep 2009 03:18 PM
    That's why I buy them for the kids or mama
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    20 Sep 2009 08:48 PM
    Well I bought a new pistol today it's a Heritage Arms revolver with 2 1/2" barrel.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    21 Sep 2009 12:30 PM
    What birds you plan on shooting with that Ed?
    --
    21 Sep 2009 01:52 PM
    No birds just wanted one and wasn't paying 4 or 5 hundred for a ruger
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    21 Sep 2009 02:20 PM
    Ed, I was just being a wise-butt. I knew better, i also can understand about prices. I think some of them are outrageous......Bob
    --
    21 Sep 2009 08:57 PM
    Ya they are a little out of control the gun that got me was the Taurus Judge it's a 410/45 pistol I call it a toy. But my oldest boy wanted one really bad the price since the election has went from a cheap 350 to 650 and people are still buying them. I can't even get a box of 06 in 165 grain anymore. No laws have been passed but people freaked out and that's why the price's went up supply and demand. Our new president didn't have to do a thing but sit back and watch. I know your were razzing my Bob.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    21 Sep 2009 09:24 PM
    Yup, thank the NRA for that one they started the screaming. Absolutely no reason for it I can see. The retailers just sat back and racked in the money.......Bob
    --
    21 Sep 2009 09:50 PM
    I know guys that are still convinced that big brother is coming to get them. Some of the smartest people I know turned into idiots over night. I also know some guys that made alot of money off the smart guys.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    22 Sep 2009 04:27 PM
    You know some guys just don't know how to think. The NRA said this and that and they go off flying into the blue. The Pres. Said he has to much to do for now and guns are not one of them. He also said he needs all the support he can get for Health Reform etc. Alienating the sportsman is not the way to gain that support.......Bob
    --
    22 Sep 2009 07:37 PM
    I'm not sure how things are going to turn out but I don't think it's that big of a worry. I know if the Pres went hunting with use it would change his mind and he'd probably love it. The bad thing is it only take one idiot to ruin it for everyone.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    23 Sep 2009 03:14 PM
    You got that right about the idiot Ed, We have seen that happen to many times before.......Bob
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    20 Oct 2009 09:07 AM
    Ed, how is your wife's new gun working out? Got any pics?
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com