Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
I Did It Again.
Last Post 05 Nov 2009 05:56 PM by Bob. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
18 Sep 2009 09:54 PM

I went looking for a Light Modified choke for my 28 gauge. I like to shoot them on all upland birds. I finally found one on Briley Website, they only had 2, one was 49.95 and other was 54.95. Well with shipping I am now 59.00 poorer. That is the trouble with a 28 gauge, a lot companies like Carlson Chokes don't even make chokes for the 28 gauge........Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    19 Sep 2009 11:25 AM
    Glade you found it. I look at spending money like this I have spent a lot more on worse thing. Next time you need stuff like that let me know what you want I got a buddy with a dealers license and I can get it for you at cost plus shipping.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    19 Sep 2009 09:48 PM
    That is a deal, Ed, I truly appreciate the offer and Thanks again.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    20 Oct 2009 09:33 AM
    How is the new choke working out?
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    20 Oct 2009 09:22 PM

So far pretty good as I have not used it......Bob

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    22 Oct 2009 08:41 AM
    Congrats! You can honestly say you've hit everything you've shot at.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    22 Oct 2009 05:14 PM
    Yup, the pheasant season open Saturday here and I will be trying it out during the season. I hope to get it broke in then......Bob
    BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    03 Nov 2009 03:14 PM
    So Bob, how did it go??
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    03 Nov 2009 06:50 PM
    Ya
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    03 Nov 2009 09:23 PM
    Well, I got one shot and a old rooster opening day. I had it in the first barrel. mod in 2nd. It was a windy day 15 to 25MPH. The bird was to my right when my swing caught up, I hit with a 1 ounce load of 7 shot. The bird rolled sideways 1/4 turn recouped, leveled out and kept on going. I came home changed chokes to 1st mod and 2nd improved mod., went to 6 shot 1st and a 5 shot 2nd. I have not seen a bird I could shoot at since. I am tempted to take my 28 ga. on the next trip. maybe I will get lucky with that small 3/4 ounce pattern......Bob
    --
    05 Nov 2009 08:20 AM
    I switched to a 3" 1 1/4 oz in my 20ga for Pheasants I tried it out on a Chukar and it worked great them copper plated 6's dropped the bird at 40 yards with ease. Got to get used to my 20 kicking though. Good luck Bob I hope you get a bunch of birds.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    05 Nov 2009 05:56 PM

I would love to get a few birds Ed, I have to see them first. They have been pretty scarce where I have been hunting.......Bob

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com