Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
HUNS
Last Post 27 Sep 2009 04:30 PM by Bob. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
--
26 Sep 2009 05:32 PM

I hear the term or species name HUN or HUNS what are they?

New to the west and they don't have anything named that where I am from.

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    26 Sep 2009 06:24 PM
    They are "Hungarian Partridge" They are about the same size as a Choker and are mostly gray with Red legs. They are a fun bird to hunt and they make pretty good table fare also.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
    --
    26 Sep 2009 06:28 PM

Thanks Bob I have an invite to hunt them in a few weeks. I guess my 20g SXS will work fine I guess. 

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    26 Sep 2009 08:56 PM
    If it is a choke tube model use open choke and 7.5 shot. You will find that a pretty good combo. You going to Take Brady with you Lee? I would, the more birds for him right now, the better. He needs a lot of birds to gain confidence......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    27 Sep 2009 03:19 PM

I would like to but the invite came from a guy with his own dogs and I don't want to mess him up.

I might go to a game farm with Brady where I have all the control and may set only one bird at a time.

Thanks

Lee

--
    27 Sep 2009 04:30 PM
    That is an excellent idea. I concur whole heartedly, that should help him a lot. The more birds now the better......Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com