Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Possible New Wisconsin State Record? Wisconsin Hunter Bags the 30 pointer!
Last Post 25 Oct 2009 07:36 PM by northwoods hunter. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HuntingNutUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:73 HuntingNut
--
29 Sep 2009 10:06 AM

On Monday September 30th, Wayne Schumaker arrowed that majestic buck we all have heard about from the song, "The Thirty Point Buck."  We all know how it goes, and most of us, myself included cna probably sing a line or two from it.  But unlike the buck in the famous song, this buck wasn't fortunate enough to get away; no more "There he was, GONE!"

Now the reason I am posting this is because I have been doing my best to keep up on reading posts and different comments about this guys' hunt and what he used, what he was wearing etc.  I am really, really irritated by what I was reading.

Seemingly hundreds of posts about how the guy doesn't "deserve" the deer because he was apparently (whether this is true or not I'm not certain) wearing blue jeans and not camo and hunting in "shack-like" stand.  Here's my two cents on it.  To all those people who are saying negative things about him and saying he doesn't "deserve" the deer, are we back on the playgrounds of elementary school?

I am sorry that you are jealous of the man who has done what we all only dream of and bag the buck of all of our lifetimes.  I applaud the man for being able to hold steady enough to arrow a buck like that.  I'll admit I am a great shot with the bow, but with any deer in the sights I still get that "hunters shake" from excitement and nerves.  But isn't that what hunting's all about? 

Even if it is true that the guy wasn't wearing much camo or hunting in a shack, he was hunting his way.  There is no handbook way to hunt.  We all have our methods and preferences and nothing makes that right or wrong.  Heck, I know a few people who smoke in their stands and shoot bigger bucks than I've ever seen, and I have full camo with all the high-tech gear. 

It just goes to show that Schumaker is exactly what we all are; a hunter.  He was a fortunate man with enough skill to take down a beast of a lifetime and I for one want to congratulate him.  For all you nay-sayers, I'm sorry that you'll be singing the thirty-pointer song for years to come, while Wayne Schumaker's 30-pointer proudly hangs on the wall.

Hunting is Life- Enough Said
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    20 Oct 2009 09:49 AM
    Well said.

For what it's worth, that's not a buck, that's a freak.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    northwoods hunterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 northwoods hunter
    --
    25 Oct 2009 07:36 PM
    where in the state did he shoot this buck? Never seen anything like that monster where I hunt boscobel area. lookin foward to rifle season. Good luck to all

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com