Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Need help understanding the laws here in Illinois
Last Post 12 Oct 2009 07:54 PM by Capt. Hook. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ninerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 niner
--
10 Oct 2009 11:53 PM

Ok i just moved here(illinois) from Ohio several months ago. I have been a hunter for 16 yrs now and i love the outdoors. My wife took a job downtown(chicago) and maybe i should have researched the hunting laws before i agreed to move here. I know this is not a political site and i will not mention any parties but i really need to vent. I need for someone to explain to me how the laws for hunting in Illinois are benefical because from what i read it sounds like a big freaking scam that might end my joy for hunting. Is there anyway to hunt without taking out a small loan? I'm from a state where you bought a license and went hunting .....you don't have to pay for every bird or duck you shoot. i find it mind blowing that if i want to hunt on dnr sites i have to enter a raffle just for the chance to hunt and then if i can hunt i have to pay them another fee outside of my license fee to shoot a pheasant. Someone please correct me if i am mistaken or i'm not understanding something b/c i am praying that this is all one big mix up on my part. 

Capt. HookUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:19 Capt. Hook
    --
    12 Oct 2009 07:54 PM

well niner, your pretty well screwed in this state!  I've lived here for most of my life and it's always been the same.  There are wild birds around but, noone will ever tell you where to hunt them.  So now you are forced to pay for birds or try to draw on.  If you have any more questions feel free to send me a message and Ill help you out as much as I can.

"His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. He has promised to wait for me..whenever... wherever — in case I need him. And I expect I will — as I always have. He is just my dog." Gene Hill
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com