Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
finding cheap shot for reloading
Last Post 15 Oct 2010 05:23 PM by Hillbilly. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
--
12 Oct 2009 07:52 PM

Does anyone know where to get cheap lead shot , its gotten so expensive.

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    13 Oct 2009 03:10 PM
    It is a sign of the times. It here and will be here for quite a while. Thank the NRA screaming Obama is coming for the price you have pay.
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    14 Oct 2009 07:39 AM

March 2009

Lead prices have rallied surprisingly strongly...LME official three-month lead prices had been trading in the $1,000-1,050/tonne range two weeks ago, but had rallied to $1,200/tonne by Friday last week. The strength has spilled into this week too, with the officials set at $1,226/tonne yesterday. This caps a gain of more than 20% in just two weeks. ...

Lead prices on the London Metal Exchange (LME) touched a record high of $3,900 a tonne on October 10, 2007 (about Rs 1,66,920) but have been slipping since then.

demand for lead will emerge from September onwards as winter season approaches in India and China.

"Fourth quarter every year generally sees a flurry of demand for base metals, mainly from the lead battery makers," SMC's Bharti said.

Around 70 per cent of total lead produced in the world finds place in lead acid batteries mainly used in the automobile industry.

October 14, 2009..

NEW DELHI: Continuing its upward trend, lead prices moved up further by another 0.94 per cent on Wednesday largely on the back of overnight gains in industrial metals in the global markets.

Weak dollar against major currencies also supported rise in lead prices.

Lead for November contract rose 0.94 per cent to Rs 102 per kg with a business volume in 75 lots. It had gained 1.49 per cent in the previous trading.

The metal for delivery in October contract also gained 0.9 per cent to Rs 101.45 per kg with a business turnover in 662 lots.

At the LME, lead ended 2.3 per cent higher at $2,220 per tonne on Tuesday’s trading.

Market analysts said firming trend in most of base metals in global markets on expectations of pick up in demand after signs of economic recovery mainly boosted metal prices at domestic futures market here. They said weakening US dollar against major c urrencies also bolstered the trading sentiments. — PTI

Now Bob, I'm wondering what in the hell, the NRA has to do with influencing that global market??..

While I can agree to 'some' extent, that "ammunition" prices have been influenced by a 'well founded' fear/apprehension of the now liberal domination in Washington, I think "blaming" the nra for global lead prices is a bit over the top.

Let us place the 'blame' on ammunitio hording, where it belongs. On the liberal administration, and their desire to disarm our society. Not on the most prominent organization and leader in supporting our second ammendmant rights. 

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    14 Oct 2009 07:43 AM
    chris..... if you have a local trap/skeet club, you might want to check w/ them for 'recycled' shot. I've been buying it for $1.00 p/lb from mine. It's a mixed lot, but for practice loads, it's dandy...
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    14 Oct 2009 06:31 PM
    Grouchy, I love the graph , You sure covered why the price is so high.
    --
    15 Oct 2009 09:45 AM

www.redmanbullets.com/ 

I had 50# delivered via usps from here a few months back. I think it was around $70 for 50# delivered.

DoubleGunUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 DoubleGun
    --
    14 Oct 2010 11:52 AM
    Buying "cheap" shot is not always a bargain especially in hunting loads. In many cases it is not the lead but the other compounds as well how the shot is made that dictates it's quality. Lead is used for it's weight, but shot needs to be hard enough (antimony) to live through ignition, traveling down the barrel and through the choke and flight to the target to be effective. My experience with cheap shot is that is too soft and those pellets that do make it to the target are not capable of an effective kill.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Oct 2010 05:23 PM
    I like it. I used to reload and used magnum lead #7's for every thing.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com