Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Let's start the tally sheet
Last Post 19 Nov 2009 07:01 PM by llewellin. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Pheasant&WaterfowlUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:14 Pheasant&Waterfowl
--
12 Oct 2009 10:24 PM

Just wanted to know what everyone has got this year. Illinois duck hunting season in my zone starts October 17th, almost here. I got seven pheasants so far in my club.

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    16 Oct 2009 09:48 AM
    40 ruffed grouse, 5 valley quail,2 blue grouse, and 4 ducks. These are the numbers that have been shot over my dogs in the past month and a half.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    16 Oct 2009 06:22 PM
    11 bobwhite quail so far season just starting.
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    18 Oct 2009 05:51 AM
    hmmm.. guess I should've been keeping a better track..
    I nearlly always hunt with a partner w/ a dog, so I will split the harvested birds evenly among the dogs
    call it 16 pheasants @ the reserve
    20 or so Band Tail pigeons
    a dozen turtle dove

...."and a partridge in a pear tree"
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    18 Oct 2009 06:40 AM

We did real well on the woodcock I got 3 (limit) & my buddy got 2 plus 6 more quail walking into the swamp.Going for

pheasnt today.

dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    18 Oct 2009 09:01 AM
    9 wood ducks and 1 goose over my dogs. I got 4 of the wood ducks and the goose.

I don't keep track of the upland birds since I own a preserve and guide on it. At my age I have trouble with numbers higher than the number of digits on my hands.
    Pheasant&WaterfowlUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:14 Pheasant&Waterfowl
    --
    19 Oct 2009 09:46 PM
    4 geese, 2 mallard drakes over the weekend
    --
    20 Oct 2009 07:14 PM
    Got 8 pheasants on sunday.
    Eric23User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:7 Eric23
    --
    29 Oct 2009 02:59 PM

I got 1 wood duck (1st ever) and 2 greenwing teal.

2009-2010 season: Outtings: 9 Ducks: 3 Wood Duck: 1 Teal: 2
    Husker20User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 Husker20
    --
    29 Oct 2009 03:15 PM

1 Shoveler, 1 Mallard, 2 Green Wing Teal

--
    02 Nov 2009 03:57 AM
    9 more pheasants on sat.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    02 Nov 2009 08:07 AM
    A bunch of Valley Quail to many to count.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    11 Nov 2009 05:33 PM

Went up to Door County, WI last week and had plenty of action on divers. Thursday on Lake Mich. we shot mergansers, goldeneyes, buffleheads, scotters, redheads, and bluebills. Friday on Green Bay in 2 ft. waves it was mostly bluebills and goldeneyes. I never shot from a layout boat before. WOW, what a great experience.

--
    13 Nov 2009 02:52 PM
    Sounds like you had some fun. I been chasing a few Chukar and Valley Quail with a few Mountain Quail mixed in ducks are few and far between but we got a couple last week. Chased Elk all last weekend but no animals killed saw 50 head behind my house last night.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    15 Nov 2009 06:52 PM

6 bobwhites with 8 shotshells. Dogs had to work hard in the green cover and swamp-like conditions that we have now, thanks to   5 1/8" of rain that finally ended Friday morning. After 2 1/2 hrs of hunting, I decided to pack the gear in.

While loading up, my soon to be 6 year old said...."Dad, let's stay and hunt some more, P-L-E-A-S-E!!" That was dang music to my ears, but decided we'd better head home and get his wet boots and trousers off, so Mrs. TB wouldn't be too mad at me. Parker held his own with the grown-ups in our quail hunting club and renewed friendships with all of the bird dogs, which was a good mix of GSP's, English Pointers and even a Brittany. Yesterday and today, he's told everyone he has seen how much fun he had quail hunting with Dad. I believe he's a keeper!

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    16 Nov 2009 10:18 AM
    TB, that's awesome. Great to hear that Parker is taking to the field with gusto. Apple sometimes doesn't fall far from the tree....the rest of the time it's mom's fault!

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    17 Nov 2009 07:36 AM
    Ya I think I'd keep that one sounds like a great kid and think you'll have lots of fun with him till he starts chasing girls. Just kidding my oldest does both it would sure be nice to be young.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    llewellinUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:102 llewellin
    --
    19 Nov 2009 07:01 PM

so far 2 ducks for my bro (youth day) and 3 or 4 pheasants.  owls have been getting to alotta the pheasants around here. duck season starts on the 25th and turkey the 21st so im pretty excited. dog has had some really beatiful points. i think shes up to like 7-8 points, couple birds did not present shots when they flushed, she found em in real thick woods. but still been having alot of fun, im going out with a bunch of friends on a thanksgiving turkey/duck hunt in a couple days should raise the tally.

edit* we've killed 6 pheasants just looked at this seaons pics.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com