New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
I'M GOING NUTS
Last Post 27 Oct 2009 05:33 PM by brian88. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
shaneUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 shane
--
21 Oct 2009 09:52 PM

I keep hearing about how people are doing pheasant hunting and our season doesn't open until November 14th.  I am so going to wear the blueing off my gun making sure it is clean.  Even my 11 month old lab is tired of hearing my hunting stories.  Tell me I'n not the only one in this situation?

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    21 Oct 2009 10:45 PM
    I am in the close boat, my season opens on Pheasant This Saturday. The dog and I are going nuts trying to find ways to the time go faster......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    22 Oct 2009 07:14 AM

"I'm going nuts" ... well shane, for ME, that was/is a pretty short trip!..

I managed a detour , by rerouting through a "Pet 'em 'n shoot 'em" reserve. until I can get out on the wild birds

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    22 Oct 2009 10:47 AM
    I was nuts but now I'm worse had to take time off to sell out some dogs and be sick but hunting this weekend.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    22 Oct 2009 08:17 PM
    Shane, Pheasant on state land nov 7. But on preserves it open in late sep. The place i guide at puts bird out all year.Just got to hunt pheasants this past sun.
    shaneUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 shane
    --
    22 Oct 2009 10:00 PM
    I've been out 3 times hunting preserve quail with my young pointing lab but there is just something special about the big opening weekend of pheasant season. I can remember every opening weekend with my dad like it was yesterday. I sure wish he was still around. Hope you all have a great season.
    chadmorrisUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:7 chadmorris
    --
    23 Oct 2009 11:18 AM
    Shane, I am in the opposite boat you are in. I have been hunting quail the past few weeks on state land in WA, but come to find out I could have been hunting pheasant in the rez since Oct. 17. Oh, well -- guess I should have been paying more attention. Anyway, it will make it that much sweeter for you when you do finally get out there (that is my poor attempt at making you feel better about your situation). I would love to be able to afford to hunt some of the game farms, but I simply can't. Good luck when you get out.
    BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    26 Oct 2009 03:58 PM
    I will going nuts for at least another year. I was going to get in one day of phez hunting with my dad this year, but my back had to go and lock up on me three days before I left. SO.....I was going to go two weeks after that, this last saturday, but I couldn't get off of work. Now I will have to wait until next year to get in a day of pheasant hunting. Guess I can look forward to some spring turkey in Oregon though!!!
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    27 Oct 2009 07:36 AM
    Matt, I'm sorry to hear about your miss-fortune. Is the season closed where you are or is it just not possible to get out for the rest of the season? What about game farms? I know that money is probably tight, but you might be able to find a mom-and-pop organization that is more economical.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    brian88User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 brian88
    --
    27 Oct 2009 05:33 PM

helps you understand the phrase so close yet so far.

Binocular Harness
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com