Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Labs Vs. Pointers The Great Debate
Last Post 23 Nov 2009 03:23 PM by Bob. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Foremost MediaUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:97 Foremost Media
--
05 Nov 2009 03:20 PM

One of our staff writers just posted a new article on Labs Vs. Pointers.  I would love to hear your comments on the age old debate: 

Read Pointers Vs Retreivers

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    05 Nov 2009 06:12 PM
    I would say after reading the article, Mr. Olson, must be a Lab owner. He is going to get comments about the ability of pointing breeds to retrieve. Many pointing breeds will retrieve just as well as a lab. To me this is a topic that falls into the same type of argument as a Ford Vs. Chevy. He does say it what the individual prefers, which is my view on the subject. I will admit, I am a Brittany hunter and have been for 45 years......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    05 Nov 2009 06:57 PM
    One is no better then the other I own both but do prefer a point over a flush.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    glenhunterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 glenhunter
    --
    06 Nov 2009 12:03 AM

I prefer a German Shorthaired Pointer as my hunting dog of choice.

gh

BuckeyeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:31 Buckeye
    --
    08 Nov 2009 10:29 PM
    Bob, you and I both know the truth here. He didn't mention the Brittany, that would be like comparing a high school quarterback against a Pro QB.
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    08 Nov 2009 11:07 PM
    Buckeye, are you trying to get me in trouble. I thought I was home free........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    BertUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:51 Bert
    --
    09 Nov 2009 08:18 AM
    For some reason I knew Bob would be the first to cause trouble in this tread.

Just kidding Bob, remember.......nothings free.

I've had pointers in the past but I like Labs now because they fit my style of hunting much better.
    NRA Life Member, NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor, NRA Cert. RSO, Class III RSO/KCR
    BuckeyeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:31 Buckeye
    --
    09 Nov 2009 11:46 AM
    Bob, not trying to get you in trouble... too much. Just trying to start a friendly "forum of opinions"

Besides, us Brit owners have to stick up for the half pints!
    --
    09 Nov 2009 03:08 PM
    Buckeye, how great these half-pints are is our secret, let those other kennel blind hunters find out for themselves........Bob
    BertUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:51 Bert
    --
    11 Nov 2009 11:55 AM
    I was just Razzin you guys..........I had a Brit two dogs ago.
    NRA Life Member, NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor, NRA Cert. RSO, Class III RSO/KCR
    --
    11 Nov 2009 03:58 PM
    Bert, I am alright, I have this Motto:" Don't dish it out--IF you cannot take it.".........Bob
    --
    12 Nov 2009 06:42 AM
    Bob,
    I agree with you......life is about having fun.
    Bert
    Bryan NelsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 Bryan Nelson
    --
    23 Nov 2009 01:39 PM

I am going to throw a spanner in the works, for me......

Working English Cocker for me for what I do, perfect.....

My brother in law, GSP

Bryan N

--
    23 Nov 2009 03:23 PM
    Bryan, that is what makes the world go round. I love Brits you love your Cocker. That is perfect, everybody cannot have the same taste, likes or dislikes. This world would be a very dull place to live if we did.......Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com