New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Looking for hunting location near Westchester Ny
Last Post 03 Jan 2011 08:31 AM by Jordan Robinson. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
IkeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 Ike
--
13 Nov 2009 06:37 PM

I am looking for a place to bring my son to introduce him to Bird hunting that is inexpensive and clost to Westchester County NY.   Unfortunately we don't have a dog so we will need a place that has dogs available for use.  Any suggestions? 

nygsp'sUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 nygsp's
    --
    14 Nov 2010 07:30 PM

I have 3 trained gsp's..I will work them for you if you have a place to hunt....I just need to work the dogs..I live in columbia county..

Jordan RobinsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 Jordan Robinson
    --
    16 Dec 2010 09:28 AM
    I live in Gilbertsville NY. Great grouse hunting and some great duck and goose hunting. I have a uncle with a great goose and duck dog if your intrested for duck and goose hunting. I hunt on foot for grouse and have almost ALWAYS been sucessful. And if your not intrested Ike, then NYGSP i am intrested in having you work the dogs for me and my father. Im not sure if you can hunt grouse with dogs but if so i would be intrested. Let me know whats up. thanks
    nygsp'sUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 nygsp's
    --
    16 Dec 2010 06:34 PM
    my older female has been on pheasant and chukkar..the puppies are just now started on them...the pups are 20 mos...I would love to work them on grouse..I know grouse dont hold for the dogs..but I think this would be a great bird to work the dogs...they are steady, but need to learn not to get to close..Love to try!!.....thanks Robin.....Im in Hillsdale NY Im usually off sat, always sundays and most wednesdays....PS the male puppy is for sale....didnt turn out to be the show quailty I wanted...
    Jordan RobinsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 Jordan Robinson
    --
    17 Dec 2010 08:35 AM
    Not looking for a pup. Would love one but my mom does day care and its kind of hard to have a dog with a daycare. I would love to get togther and do some grouse hunting. It would be great for the dogs and a great experience for me as well. I usually hunt without dogs if im hunting grouse. Never hunted with dogs except for goose and duck hunting and i love watching the dogs work. Would love to get you over here one of these days and do some bird hunting. My cell phone number is 607-226-1374. I have texting as well as calling. I cant text till after school so if you would like to get ahold of me i get out of school at 3. Would like to get together and do a hunt soon. Im probably rabbit hunting with my girlfriends dad saturday/this weeked. and i should be open to hunt sunday if you would like to get together and do a hunt at the Gilbertsville Rod n Gun club. Not sure how good your dogs are in the snow or if it would matter for them, but i would love to get them on some grouse. Let me know whats up. Thanks and good hearing from you.
    parklandgroupohUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 parklandgroupoh
    --
    29 Dec 2010 01:40 AM

You don't always need to have a dog of your own when you take your son out to hunt.You can always buddy up with someone who has one or two dogs, that way you won't have much of a headache.

Me and the boys are planning on going on another trip in a couple of weeks and we are doing it on private land scouted form Acreage for sale and maybe I will be able to post some funny stories here soon.

--
    03 Jan 2011 08:31 AM
    Park what are you going for? pheasent or grouse?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com