Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Got a new shooter yesterday
Last Post 09 Dec 2009 08:43 AM by pullit. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
pullitUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:18 pullit
--
20 Nov 2009 10:32 AM

I have been looking at them for awhile and I caved in and got a Browning Cynergy yesterday. I carried it to the skeet range and was very impressed with it.
    The $500 worth of stuff Browning will give you for buying one did not hurt anything.

Anybody else got a Cynergy, if so what do you think of yours?

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    20 Nov 2009 02:10 PM
    I don't have any Brownings, I just wanted to say Congrats on your friend, and hope you have good luck getting a lot of birds with it.....Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    20 Nov 2009 03:55 PM
    I love Browning O/U's. I got a Citroi Super Lightning 20ga. Good Luck with it.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    24 Nov 2009 11:49 AM
    pullit, congrats on your purchase. I looked at one before I bought my last gun. Ended up going with something different, but I don't think you'll go wrong.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    pullitUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:18 pullit
    --
    25 Nov 2009 07:27 AM
    I have carried it skeet shooting twice now and have shot a 23,and 24 the first time and a 23, and a 25 the second time.
    I think I like it. It is light (even with 32 inch long barrels)
    I ordered some chokes for it Monday. The gun only comes with a F,M, and IC choke. I was shooting skeet with a IC and M choke.
    I will admit that I do not understand why Browning only give you 3 chokes for and O/U gun but Beretta gives you 5 choke for a semi-auto....
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    27 Nov 2009 09:24 PM
    That is a good question Pullit. I too always have to buy chokes for my O/U's. The problem is some of them are those extended chokes and I am learning to hate them. They are chewing up my real good gun cases........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    28 Nov 2009 03:28 PM
    Thanks for saying that Bob. I was going to by some extended chokes. My Browning only came with 3 chokes to.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Nov 2009 06:53 AM
    I switched to extended chokes on my o/u and really like them. I also use a gun sock before I put my gun in a case though.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    30 Nov 2009 10:46 AM
    I ordered my new chokes from Angle Port. http://angleport.com/Default.asp?C=276092
    I almost ordered Carlson's chokes but decided to go with Angle Port as they had a deal of 5 chokes for $125.
    --
    04 Dec 2009 03:48 PM
    Guys and Gals, I found a good easy way to patch my ripped $20-$30 gun cases that the extended chokes ripped. I also find the front HyVis bead is not totally innocent on this score either. But I found some Iron-On-Patches in my wife's sewing kit. I put them on and they look like they may just might do the job. Time will tell.........Bob
    --
    09 Dec 2009 08:43 AM
    good to know.
    thanks for the tip
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com