New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
new member from Europe!
Last Post 26 Nov 2009 12:20 PM by Bryan Nelson. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bryan NelsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 Bryan Nelson
--
20 Nov 2009 03:39 PM

Just want to say hello from across the pond...We ar now into our 7th week of the season. And so far, fingers crossed have had a great season!

From NC, where we have 0 pheasants, have lived in the UK for around 16 years, here we have plenty of excellent pheasant shooting.

Bryan Nelson

shaneUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 shane
    --
    20 Nov 2009 10:07 PM
    Welcome Bryan, good to hear you are having a good season.
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    21 Nov 2009 08:40 AM

Welcome aboard Bryan. Good to see a fellow Tarheel on here, even though you're across the pond. Bang 'em up over there. Can you post some pics of your hunts, etc? 

Weidmannsheil!

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    21 Nov 2009 09:39 AM
    Welcome. I'm with TB I want to see pics.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    21 Nov 2009 04:24 PM
    Welcome to the forum, I have heard about the great UK pheasant hunting. I wish I could say the same holds true where I live.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    Bryan NelsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 Bryan Nelson
    --
    23 Nov 2009 01:24 PM

Thanks, we had a great day on Saturday , out again tomorrow and then Wednesday and Saturday...Pheasants are coming into there own now.  Woodcock have started showing up, 2 sats ago, on a little small woodland shoot, we jumped around 20 woodcock..

Thanks for the note, hope your season is going as planned!

if I know how to put up pics I would get a few of them on...

regards,

BryAN

--
    23 Nov 2009 01:33 PM

HELLO,

Thanks for the note, i will figure out and get a few pics up. Yes a good ole Tarheel...I didn't have a choice really, when I was a kid, it was my dad watching the heels play, sounded turned down on the TV, and he would be listening to Woody Durham, and D.Smith was the coach....

The season is going pretty good so far....but with the weather in UK, once it starts raining it, it never stops, its been raining on and off for the past month, and have never seen wind like we are having.  Makes the birds extra sporting!!

regards,

Bryan n

--
    23 Nov 2009 01:34 PM

whats the trick to getting this pic loaded??

Thanks for the note, peak with you soon!

Bryan N

--
    23 Nov 2009 01:37 PM

Hello,

I must say it caught me off gaurd, when i was living in Scotland, I got luck and joined a small shooting syndicate, over around 4000 acres, we rented 2500 to a deer hunting club, and we had the rest for Pheasants, Woodcock, Partridge and a few wood pigeons...

But down here in England, the shooting is much better, Ie it doen't rain near as much, we shot partridge this year in short sleeves...

thanks for the note!

Bryan n

Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    23 Nov 2009 02:09 PM
    Bryan, funny you mentioned turning down the TV volume and listening to Woody Durham call the game, because that's what we still do! Woody called Friday night's massacre/loss against Syracuse in the 2K Challenge (Madison Sq Garden) and then turned around and called the Heels big win in football over Boston College on their turf Saturday.

What kind of smokepole are you using over there....a Purdey or a Holland & Holland??!! Pics, we want pics!!

TB
    "I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    24 Nov 2009 11:56 AM
    Bryan, great to have you in our group. Welcome!

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    26 Nov 2009 12:19 PM

I still keep up with the heels, both in the basketball and football.... thanks to the internet...

The football seems to be doing pretty good this season, read where the heels got caught off gaurd and got blown out.

When I lived in Hendersonville, went to West High, when we played Owen in Basketball, guess who the coach was....RW himself, that shows you how old I am.

Oh, I shoot a Browning, have O/u and a old s/s pre-browning....

Wife shoots Beretta... Don't I wish I had a H/H or a Purdey, I would take a William Evans, and yourself?

Fingers crossed the weather holds off, could be doing a bit of wood pigeon shooting tomorrow, looks like the bottom drops out of it Saturday, loads of rain, (cancel syndicate day) and cold high around 34...
    Was shooting in Norfolk on Tuesday...Cracken day(good English term, cracken) Partridge, Pheasant a few pigeons and missed woodcock.

--
    26 Nov 2009 12:20 PM

Cheers,

Thanks..How is your season going so far??

BN

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com