Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Hello-new to forum
Last Post 14 Dec 2009 07:19 AM by Porknbeans. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fieldspringersUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 fieldspringers
--
04 Dec 2009 08:01 PM

I just joined-been lurking for  a while.  I come from Minnesota, land of cold, low down sneaky pheasants.  Fortunately, I have a good field bred English Springer to find them.  Unfortunately, she learned to mark their fall by waiting to see if they fell after the loud noise. 

Now that the corn is out and the snow has started, I expect the hunting will get better.  I hope my shooting does.   I enjoyed some sporting clays to get in practice. Piper has a real disappointed look mastered.

I use a Baretta 626 in 12guage for most of my shooting, but I'll switch to my old Remington  16guage 1148 later in the season because it can reach out and touch them.

I've been hunting the local public grounds so far.  Not too much pressure on the birds yet.  I hope to get to Traxlers Hunting Preserve this winter.  My kids gave me a three bird hunt for my birthday.  Apparently I did a pretty good job raising the kids.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Doug

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    04 Dec 2009 11:13 PM
    Welcome to the forum, I am looking forward to getting to know you also. Have a good hunting season in my old home state..........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    06 Dec 2009 12:25 PM
    Welcome aboard.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    07 Dec 2009 09:13 AM
    fieldspringers, nice to have you as a member of our group. What part of Minnesota do you typically hunt? I've heard great things about the Western part of your state; especially the Southwest corner. One of my old neighbors moved to the Twin Cities and we are itching to get back together for a hunt. Any insight would be appreciated.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    08 Dec 2009 09:37 AM

Welcome aboard.  Since you've been lurking for a while, you probably already know there are some questionable charachters on this forum, so I don't need to warn you.  Glad to see you joined up anyway. 

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    08 Dec 2009 07:10 PM
    Questionable meaning most of us.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    09 Dec 2009 09:23 PM
    Hay, every body know I am just a Young, Sweet, Handsome, Lovable guy. If you believe all that, I have bridge I can sell you also.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    10 Dec 2009 11:40 AM
    How much for the bridge and how big is it?
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BigRoosterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:24 BigRooster
    --
    10 Dec 2009 11:42 AM
    Welcome
    TCJACKUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:46 TCJACK
    --
    13 Dec 2009 06:44 PM
    hey guys i just joined forum today. i love pointers and upland hunting, hope to be a good addition to forum. bryon from kennewick wa
    --
    13 Dec 2009 06:49 PM
    Bryon, Happy to have another guy from my side of the state on here. Welcome to the forum, i look forward to seeing your posts on here.......Bob
    --
    13 Dec 2009 10:12 PM
    Hey Bryon welcome aboard.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    14 Dec 2009 07:19 AM
    Bryon, welcome to gamebirdhunts.com. It's nice to have you on board.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com