New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
I Did It Again.
Last Post 17 Dec 2009 05:26 PM by Bob. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
--
09 Dec 2009 09:33 PM

I have it cleared with the bookkeeper to go get a new Remington Premier 28 gauge O/U tomorrow. I will tell about it when I get back.......Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    10 Dec 2009 08:20 AM
    Congrats Bob! We'll want pics and details.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    10 Dec 2009 11:42 AM
    Very cool pics would be nice.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    10 Dec 2009 05:31 PM

Well there it is, It has 28 inch barrels it came with five chokes. But I'd like to get a flush mount Improved Mod. for it. It is a Remington Premier 28 gauge made in Italy. It fits pretty good. I hope to get to a trap range soon and give it a workout.........Bob

My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    chrisUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:94 chris
    --
    10 Dec 2009 07:44 PM
    Bob nice looking gun. I just got a browning Citroi in 12ga 28" fixed chokes real cheap.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    10 Dec 2009 10:06 PM
    That's a nice lookin gun.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    10 Dec 2009 10:29 PM
    Chris, would you believe that gun with sales tax was less than $1000. That is why I bought it. Cabala's had them on sale 950, so I cashed a few money off coupons and got it.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    11 Dec 2009 06:25 AM
    Very nice smokepole to add to the collection! Great deal too. Nicely done Bob.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    11 Dec 2009 04:30 PM
    It came with a mid-rib bead and a nice pearl bead front site. I used to shoot that pearl site all the time years ago. I think I'm going to leave well enough alone and see how I shoot before changing it. It also came with a 14 1/8 length of pull. That is my size, if I took it to my stock man that is what he'd set it to. I could not have asked for more things to be right for me......Bob
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    13 Dec 2009 08:52 AM
    Good looking piece Bob. I'm thinking that would make a pretty good quail gun down here. You've given me something to think about!

TB
    "I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    --
    13 Dec 2009 06:58 PM
    While your thinking Bryon, It takes a pretty good shoot to use a 28 gauge. That 3/4 ounce shot load does not leave much room for error. Only you know your shooting ability, I offer this only as a point to consider............Bob
    pullitUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:18 pullit
    --
    14 Dec 2009 07:14 AM
    good looking shooting stick. I really like the 28 and have been looking at buying another one someday. That one for the money would be in the running.
    Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
    --
    15 Dec 2009 09:39 PM
    What a beautiful gun, I hope you and Tony enjoy it and keep us posted on your successes with it.

Brady
    Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
    --
    16 Dec 2009 06:15 PM

Have you shot the new 28g?? How do you like it????

Brady

--
    17 Dec 2009 03:38 PM
    Brady, no I have not. It has been very lousy weather or I was tied up getting a furnace for my home. It went south during a cold snap. If all holds good I might make it this weekend......Bob
    --
    17 Dec 2009 04:30 PM

Good luck I hope you either please Tony afield or bust all the clay you see.

--
    17 Dec 2009 05:26 PM
    I don't think either is going to happen. I just seen the weekend forecast Rain and Snow again both days. Geeeeez what a bummer!!!!!!........Bob
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com