Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Well Guys
Last Post 18 Jan 2010 07:41 PM by Hillbilly. 22 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
17 Dec 2009 12:23 PM

After long and hard thinking I'm throwing the towl in on my dog business. It's going to hurt for awhile but I'll get over it. So if you know any body looking for a really good dog send them my way or they can look at my website www.canyoncreekkennels.com. The econonmy just won't get going good again and my family needs more of me.

Life's Short Play Hard
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    17 Dec 2009 02:41 PM
    Geez...I thought I had the bad economy cornered here in my neck of the woods. Don't tell me it got away and made it all the way out to you!
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    17 Dec 2009 03:32 PM
    I am very sorry to hear that Ed, I don't know what to say except. I hope all works out for the best for you and your family........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    17 Dec 2009 06:18 PM
    All is going to be great. I'm going to keep like 4 or 5 dogs and just hunt. No more breeding or training. Hopefully a vacation. If the economy was good gee golly I'd be in high cotton but it's not so I'll just find something else to do like school.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    18 Dec 2009 09:53 AM

School??  You want us to believe that an old guy like you can still be trained???  

BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    18 Dec 2009 01:00 PM
    Dogpower, I am close to being the oldest guy on here at 76. I learn something new most everyday. I think if I went back to school now, I would find the training easy. I know it would be a waste. But I now know and understand how important school really is........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    18 Dec 2009 03:59 PM
    I was just throwing a little dig at Hillbilly...all in good humor.
    --
    18 Dec 2009 04:03 PM
    Hey it all good I'm still going to keep my site and enough dogs to breed a litter or 2 plus I got a couple of guys that work for my training so I'm not all the way out. When this economy comes back I will probable kick it back up.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    10 Jan 2010 09:49 AM
    Well in a few days the website will be gone. Most of the dogs have been selling. I've decided to couple a handful for myself and my kids kept a couple. As much as I hunt I could keep them all but that wasn't the idea my wife says. Sad deal thought I could do it and I did but the strain was not much on the loved ones.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    12 Jan 2010 07:13 AM
    Over all, I think you made a very hard decision for all the right reasons. When the sun shines again on the economy hopefully you'll be well positioned to take advantage....if you get the approvals.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    TCJACKUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:46 TCJACK
    --
    12 Jan 2010 01:56 PM

well hillbilly i think haveing alot fewer dogs for the right reasons is going to be alot more enjoyable for you.  i wish you the best!

--
    12 Jan 2010 04:00 PM
    I'm done doing it for good.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    TCJACKUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:46 TCJACK
    --
    12 Jan 2010 04:31 PM

--
    13 Jan 2010 03:11 PM
    I can understand that Ed, You stated it was rough on you and the family. I would be very reluctant to go back into also.......Bob
    --
    13 Jan 2010 05:17 PM
    Better is an under statement I have a few more dogs to get rid of so if you all know anyone looking I'm taking offers. The website is gone. Now I'm planning on all the hunting I'll be able to do next year and won't have to come home every night to feed I'll have my dogs with me just imagine me hunting even more. I'm never going to stop bird hunting it's my passion but breeding and training for a living is over. Been looking for a job this week but have to go back next week on one. The mill I used to work at is supposed to start up here soon and they want me there. Got my new camper today so I got to get it ready for camping with the family and spring bear hunting. So all in all it's sad to get rid of the dogs but it opens more things up for me. Maybe a few of you guys could come down and I'll show you some awesome Grouse hunting.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    13 Jan 2010 07:50 PM
    count me in hillbilly. caution my dog is kinda ugly.( lol ) just kidding. cant wait till fall!
    --
    13 Jan 2010 09:14 PM

Ya you can hunt with me but that dog might want to stay here where he grew up. And your buyin the beer I'll bring the whiskey for after.

Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    14 Jan 2010 06:53 PM
    lets just start with the whiskey! jacks nice and cozy on his warm bed, and im pretty sure he will wanna come back to it! DAM, is it fall yet! ill be glad when this force fetching is over!
    --
    18 Jan 2010 03:50 PM
    Well I tried but the wife moved to town I've now gotten rid of all my dogs. Don't worry I'm not getting divorsed or anything like that she just needed away while I did this. I kept my boys dog and daughters pup.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    18 Jan 2010 04:59 PM
    what about willy?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com