Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
An Emotional Roller-Coaster
Last Post 26 Apr 2010 09:17 AM by coolcreekretrievers. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
--
04 Jan 2010 09:28 AM

I'm riding a roller coaster of emotions after the holidays.  I have the joy of the season, the memories of visiting a water park and Packer game with my family, the pleasure of a late season hunt with my son and dog.  Unfortunately, I also have the sadness of learning that my 12 year old nephew is terminal with leukemia.  This is his 3rd round of chemo with the disease and the doctors have run out of options.  My sister is obviously having a hard time dealing with it and I feel empty  in what I have to offer.  She is a wonderful, stong and proud woman who I can't say enough good things about.  She has been strong for her son and her family.  My nephew is a wonderful boy who is having his life cut short before he really had a chance to live it. He has an infectious smile, a wonderful, warm laugh and a great sense of humor.

Hug the ones you have close and tell them you love them.  Life is a gift and I wish each and every one of you the happiness and opportunity that opening each new day can bring.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    04 Jan 2010 01:00 PM
    I am so very sorry to hear that Pork, my deepest condolences. I wish i could offer some words of support, but we both know there are none. You are right live today and cherish those memories........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    06 Jan 2010 06:39 AM
    Thanks Bob. I appreciate your thoughts.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    06 Jan 2010 09:40 AM
    I'm really sorry Pork my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
    --
    06 Jan 2010 05:48 PM
    Life is not easy nor is life fair!!
    Best of luck to you and your loved ones
    Keep the FAITH!!!
    BigMattUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:42 BigMatt
    --
    13 Jan 2010 12:09 AM
    Love and peace to Pork and his family.
    --
    13 Jan 2010 06:43 AM
    Thanks all. He is home from the hospital and actually doing well. The doctors don't give him much time, but he's been fighting this for 3 years already so maybe the little fart can hang around a little longer. I"ll keep you posted as time goes on.
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    13 Jan 2010 03:09 PM
    Thank you for the update Pork, we will continue our prayers and support for him.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    13 Jan 2010 06:56 PM
    I'm with Bob on that Pork.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    15 Jan 2010 12:40 PM

Pork, sorry I have not checked the forum recently and read your post about your nephew. Let him, your sister and the rest of your family know that people they don't even know down here are keeping them in their thoughts and prayers. I am sure the little guy is very thankful for having a caring family and you as an Uncle and dear friend in his life.

TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    15 Jan 2010 10:34 PM

Pork, I too haven't been checking the forum much recently and missed your original post. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

NEHUNTERUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:8 NEHUNTER
    --
    16 Jan 2010 05:31 PM

Pork,  I have not posted much of late.  I am saddened to hear this news.  For what it's worth, my family has recently suffered the loss of a young man who did not get a chance to become what he could have been.  I wonder now what he would have become and what he would have contributed to this world, how he would have touched people.  I guess I choose to believe he is somewhere with family that has passed, smiling down on us and truly at peace. 

--
    26 Jan 2010 08:33 AM

After a long and hard 3 year battle with leukemia, my 13 year old nephew passed away yesterday morning in his sleep.  As you might imagine, it's a little rough right now, but I feel that he is in a better place.  My sister was also about at the end of her strength and the loss of Matthew will also help her to heal and regain her health and strength.

Life is short my friends, enjoy whatcha got, while ya got it.

TCJACKUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:46 TCJACK
    --
    26 Jan 2010 08:46 AM
    Sorry, pork.
    --
    26 Jan 2010 01:41 PM
    Pork, My Deepest Condolences on the loss of your Nephew. I agree with you his suffering is now over and he is in a better place. My Prayers and Support go out to you and the family. May peace soon be on all of you.........Bob
    --
    27 Jan 2010 08:26 AM
    I'm really sorry Pork.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    LuciaLabUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:30 LuciaLab
    --
    28 Jan 2010 06:36 AM

I am very sorry to hear the bad news, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  God Bless you and your family.

markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
    --
    31 Jan 2010 01:48 PM
    God bless you and your family
    Foremost MediaUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:97 Foremost Media
    --
    31 Jan 2010 09:32 PM
    Hey Pork, Sorry to hear about your loss. It is hard to loose anyone your close to but a young one like that would be even tougher. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
    coolcreekretrieversUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 coolcreekretrievers
    --
    26 Apr 2010 09:17 AM
    Posted By Porknbeans on 04 Jan 2010 09:28 AM

I'm riding a roller coaster of emotions after the holidays.  I have the joy of the season, the memories of visiting a water park and Packer game with my family, the pleasure of a late season hunt with my son and dog.  Unfortunately, I also have the sadness of learning that my 12 year old nephew is terminal with leukemia.  This is his 3rd round of chemo with the disease and the doctors have run out of options.  My sister is obviously having a hard time dealing with it and I feel empty  in what I have to offer.  She is a wonderful, stong and proud woman who I can't say enough good things about.  She has been strong for her son and her family.  My nephew is a wonderful boy who is having his life cut short before he really had a chance to live it. He has an infectious smile, a wonderful, warm laugh and a great sense of humor.

Hug the ones you have close and tell them you love them.  Life is a gift and I wish each and every one of you the happiness and opportunity that opening each new day can bring.

I truly feel for you, My youngest son was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 2 1/2 yrs old. We almost lost him three times threw his chemo treatment. make a wish stepped in and sent him to Disney wold because he was not expected to live. But by Gods grace he is now 19 yrs old. This is something no parent should have to go threw. 

We will keep your faimly in our prayers

www.coolcreekretrievers.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com